• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/30-4/2 Severe Weather

@Zander98al Where’s our updates man ? You on spring break this week ?
Looks more like a widespread wind event tbh. A high risk wind damage day, with spin up potential from high winds shear
.Derecho events are very dangerous in there own right. Tennessee storm was pretty adamant on a derecho, looked like bowing segements a day or two ago but your probably looking at a decent significant winds event for the south. These pics by the nam 3km are big derecho vibes. Note it's not a skinny squall line look
Screenshot_20220328-155132.pngScreenshot_20220328-155123.png

As many have eluded to the past few days as we get closer to the event it’s looking more and more like a straight line wind damage event. No significant tornado outbreak as the environment that has been modeled and continues to be modeled does not support this idea and has not supported this idea. This discussion is all you need to know though .. severe wind before the severe weather for some.. sheesh 1648503402744.png

65-70 mph gusts without storms for a good chunk of north Alabama. Expect some power outages in north Alabama. Screenshot_20220328-165357-278.png

I'm actually not that down on it tbh but moving it back 4-5 hours would really raise the risk
Seems like most of our springtime events have transitioned to high shear low cape craptacular style events over the years. We use to get some good severe setups when I was a kid. I use to remember thunderstorm watches were quite common In March and April back then.

Seems like most of our springtime events have transitioned to high shear low cape craptacular style events over the years. We use to get some good severe setups when I was a kid. I use to remember thunderstorm watches were quite common In March and April back then.
Yep nowadays it just gets ruined by CAD while fro flips out about a CAD infused EF-0. Wonder if it has to do with colder water in the North Atlantic , is that cold spot still there near Labrador ?

Give us these same set ups but in a month from now .. say mid late April .. and hold onto ur britches then

Give us these same set ups but in a month from now .. say mid late April .. and hold onto ur britches then
Except we get em this time of year too. Severe season begins to wind down late April into may . Peak maybe third week of April .

Last edited:
Back