• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 3/24-3/26 possible severe wx

Maybe some storms in SC/GA from the left over front that gets washed out but we’d need to see some big changes for a legit threat to come back, however the look for LA/MS/AR is problematic

I think with the western Carolinas NE Georgia. What you may get is a few isolated severe thunderstorm warnings along the line Thursday night. With 1-2 inches of rain. But I don’t expect any widespread severe weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Models still look nasty for LA/MS/AR lol, lack of talk about it is shocking

Models still look nasty for LA/MS/AR lol, lack of talk about it is shocking

Not many active members live there. I know of only one in each of LA and AR. And I can’t even remember who is active in MS. Since most members concentrate on IMBY, that’s why it is quiet imo.

I do a good bit more than IMBY but don’t follow severe soundings and parameters closely enough to be able to contribute.

Last edited:
I think with the western Carolinas NE Georgia. What you may get is a few isolated severe thunderstorm warnings along the line Thursday night. With 1-2 inches of rain. But I don’t expect any widespread severe weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I highly doubt we get 1-2 inches of rain. In fact, we'd be lucky to get .50. This has and probably will continue to be a dry month. Hoping things become more active in April.

Looking at averaged out soundings this weekend on the new GFS/Euro and hail might be a legitimate threat, lots of EML advection

Finally, a weekend event! Not stuck in the office, I can track from home and hopefully get some pictures. I was about to give up on this week/weekend.

Not many active members live there. I know of only one in each of LA and AR. And I can’t even remember who is active in MS. Since most members concentrate on IMBY, that’s why it is quiet imo.

I do a good bit more than IMBY but don’t follow severe soundings and parameters closely enough to be able to contribute.

Folks there are probably lucky to have dial-up service.

Per NAM, that’s a very nasty but messy setup at the same time E1E425BA-1374-4128-91A1-9C663D62C6D6.pngCE93BE10-EC67-4005-91AB-61E426953A41.png35CBB5CE-A2F8-4161-92B8-0D07FA073218.pngsounding from Central MS where the best low level wind shear/low level instability, note the very impressive kinematics with plenty of low level shear, but I notice that soundings around where the best helicity/shear has borderline low level lapse rates around 5.8-6.1C (notable outbreaks typically have 6.5+) which is what makes this setup different vs the last one, even areas further south have lackluster low level lapse rates, overall still a solid tornado threat with maybe 1 or more strong ones, but clouds/lackluster low level lapse rates is a limiting factor in this setup per my eyes right now BFCC5921-9595-4D6D-AC29-39FC8F0C8802.pngB4726E42-0C55-4AE1-98B1-875AEDF2589C.png

Back