• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need some fish storms? I haven’t looked but haven’t every single storm hit land so far?! Waves is enough for me. Enough action this year for the US. Give Canada a little storm or Bermuda and call it.
Yes some will go fish but unlike the last few years some wont. Looks like the general track this season if west of bermuda while the last many years its been well east of Bermuda

Good news on the 0Z UKMET, which has this for the first time: at the end it is moving N at 73W implying it would very likely miss the CONUS on this run. Please stay far away!

NEW TROPICAL CYCLONE FORECAST TO DEVELOP AFTER 162 HOURS
FORECAST POSITION AT T+162 : 22.5N 73.1W

LEAD CENTRAL MAXIMUM WIND
VERIFYING TIME TIME POSITION PRESSURE (MB) SPEED (KNOTS)
-------------- ---- -------- ------------- -------------
0000UTC 16.08.2024 168 23.1N 73.2W 1008 31

0Z GFS: recurves the AEW safely E of the US E coast (72-3W)

The mean of the 0Z GEFS is a bit further west than most of the recent runs implying a higher chance for a CONUS hit than those runs.

0Z Euro: heading N at 240 at 40N, 67W aiming toward E ME, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia

0Z EPS mean is E of the more threatening GEFS with very few in the Gulf and most members recurving E of the US. A nontrivial number still hit the E coast, however. So, a long way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back