• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think this is not impossible but it's fairly aggressive. The setup certainly does favor something trying to get going but it's got the potential to be a larger gyre of low pressure with greater pressure falls inland of the beaches that's not able to easily consolidate vorticity.

We've had similar setups in the past with varying results. Right of the top of my head Alex, Gaston, Arthur, Tammy are a few with names not to mention the summer fronts that failed to consolidate that put an inverted trough into the central and eastern Carolinas with really no sfc development

Last edited:
I think this is not impossible but it's fairly aggressive. The setup certainly does favor something trying to get going but it's got the potential to be a larger gyre of low pressure with greater pressure falls inland of the beaches that's not able to easily consolidate vorticity.

We've had similar setups in the past with varying results. Right of the top of my head Alex, Gaston, Arthur, Tammy are a few with names not to mention the summer fronts that failed to consolidate that put an inverted trough into the central and eastern Carolinas with really no sfc development

Yes but one major contributing factor to consider is that we are heading to Fripp this weekend so…

I think he was a bit tongue in cheek though the 18z nam does have a big broad low off the se coast....same with the regular nam much more consolidated than previous run.

I made the mistake of posting before the run finished. The vort center was wrapping up quickly but once that upper low to the NE got involved it was game over so that's something to keep in mind going forward less separation there would mean no or weak development

Gulf Stream is a bit east this year in its wandering but the water off Myrtle Beach is 86-88 still. Nasty hot so maybe this will cool it a bit.

The Tropical Meterology Project at Colorado State has updated their forecast for hurricane season and they are calling for it to be even more active than previously forecasted.

image-11--DMID1-63ke587hd-975x548.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back