• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2024 Tropical Thread Reboot

Gotta stop watching the op gfs runs they can't even get next week right

Like I said last night... August 20th is the start of the peak to me
Euro is interesting. Wave in the central ATL that should move wsw under the ridge

1723748019888.png

But of course not. Heads NW and weakens. Too far north to matter in any case.

1723748342203.png

There are slightly lower than normal pressures off FLA. Maybe something could get going there. Off Africa the MT is still wrong. High pressures south of the islands, low pressures north.

Last edited:
The 12Z GEFS and EPS continue to have moderate signals for renewed activity that originates from AEWs that emerge from Africa starting 8/23-4. This isn’t surprising considering the overall conditions, the very active early season, and that being during the early part of peak season. So, the break after Ernesto is liable to end up very short (too short if you ask me).

Watch the front that gets pinned off shore next week. There are a couple of waves that come off of Africa that will likely end up pretty void of convection but their overall vorticity is traceable. The 12z Euro has an inverted trough north of the Bahamas at D10

Watch the front that gets pinned off shore next week. There are a couple of waves that come off of Africa that will likely end up pretty void of convection but their overall vorticity is traceable. The 12z Euro has an inverted trough north of the Bahamas at D10
1723755613501.png

Compare this to pre-season forecasts of lower than normal pressures in the MDR

1723763587169.png

I know 1995 was a recurve year but i was expecting to see the Atlantic look like this. Hard to imagine something like that was even possible.

1723764636973.png

I think the season from Hell might have become the season from a dying campfire.

1723821722046.png

Ben remains optimistic but its getting to the point its go time or no time.

Last edited:
In the three weeks between August 25, 2017 and September 20, hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria made landfall in the United States in rapid succession.

Bet they all said the season was dead before that happened. The truth is nobody knows what's gonna happen.

If we are lucky, nothing will happen. But I'm not betting on that.

atl-tracks-to-date-sep302017.jpg

In the three weeks between August 25, 2017 and September 20, hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria made landfall in the United States in rapid succession.

Bet they all said the season was dead before that happened. The truth is nobody knows what's gonna happen.

If we are lucky, nothing will happen. But I'm not betting on that.

View attachment 150074

Another place i lurk sometimes had wondered about 2 weeks before Katrina in 2005(which is still over a week away from even forming right now) if the Gulf would ever have another hurricane again and that year was on record pace way ahead of this year... Strongest hurricanes ever in the Gulf in the next month and a half after that...

I'm hoping we bust and you should too and nobody will be upset if it does but things can flip overnight out there regardless of what the gfs says at 300 hours. Nobody knows what will happen

Last edited:
Another place i lurk sometimes had wondered about 2 weeks before Katrina in 2005(which is still over a week away from even forming right now) if the Gulf would ever have another hurricane again and that year was on record pace way ahead of this year... Strongest hurricanes ever in the Gulf in the next month and a half after that...

I'm hoping we bust and you should too and nobody will be upset if it does but things can flip overnight out there regardless of what the gfs says at 300 hours. Nobody knows what will happen
euro has a spark

1723851437858.png

Back