• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT: @Shaggy, you're making a HUGE Mistake moving too ILM, It's rapidly devolved into a complete Sh*t-hole.. I "fled" it after residing there most My life.. Seriously, look for places, in between Hampstead & Jacksonville.. You can thank Me later.

OT: @Shaggy, you're making a HUGE Mistake moving too ILM, It's rapidly devolved into a complete Sh*t-hole.. I "fled" it after residing there most My life.. Seriously, look for places, in between Hampstead & Jacksonville.. You can thank Me later.
Hanpstead to Jacksonville is more of the same tho!

Most everything around where we will be is being built now. If you look at Google maps half the stores aren't even there yet. The neighborhood and community is pretty much self contained. I don't even have to hit a main road to get food or go grocery shopping.

I’m a beach freak too! That’s why I moved! ☃️038E0826-49CB-482F-A24D-158341D68864.png

Fair enough. As a beach freak I get it. Though Wilmington won’t what it once was . Imo it’s becomin a shallow shell of what it once was. If I could move anywhere it would be to hatteras…I camped out there just this past Sunday night and went fishing. It’s crazy how many of my peers have moved to wilmington
Give me Holden Beach. Brunswick County

Euro now just washes it out. Im starting to doubt its going to amount to anything. GFS does have a weak TS hitting SC

gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_28.png

Hello all. Im new here im hoping to be very active. I love to track hurricanes, and have a passion for hurricane history. I have put togther a website with tons of info about past tropical systems. Just recently i finished up a page on all June USA landfalling tropical systems. It has all lanfalling sysyem by date. It also includes the State and County it made landall on,the track of the storm along with a close up, caterogory at landfall, wind speed, weather map. And if avaliable radar, and satellite. NHC report if avaliable.

Also included on my site is States history with tropical systems. These pages have year by year history for the state, charts, and graphs. here is link to the Florida page. Yioyu can access the other states from this page

Single storm pages are also on my site. included on these pages newpaper articles and photos from my very large newspaper collection. here is link to Hurricane Gloria page

Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
Another area of showers and thunderstorms a few hundred miles south
of the Cabo Verde Islands is associated with a tropical wave that
recently emerged off the coast of Africa. While this activity is
currently disorganized, some slow development of this system is
possible through the middle to latter part of this week as the
system moves westward at about 15 mph across the eastern and central
tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...low...20 percent.
Models have been a bit sniffy on this wave.

Invest 93L has been designated.
Eastern Tropical Atlantic:
Showers and thunderstorms have increased in association with a
tropical wave located several hundred miles south-southwest of the
Cabo Verde Islands. Further development of this system is
possible, and a tropical depression could form within the next few
days while the system moves westward at 10 to 15 mph across the
eastern and central tropical Atlantic.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...30 percent.
* Formation chance through 7 days...medium...40 percent.

Seems like it's been a mild summer so far compared to how it has been the past few years. How is the ocean so warm already?
The ocean is warm in the MDR region. The water off the east coast is frigid. Water in the gulf around the panhandle is cool while rest of gulf is about normal- a bit warmer .

1687300628643.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back