• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northwestern Atlantic:
A non-tropical low pressure system centered over the northwestern
Atlantic Ocean about 300 miles north of Bermuda is producing
storm-force winds. Although the cyclone is producing some
thunderstorm activity near the center, it is embedded in a cold air
mass with nearby frontal boundaries. The low is expected to move
northeastward today and northward tonight, bringing the system over
much colder waters and across Atlantic Canada by early Tuesday.
Therefore, it is unlikely that the low will transition to a
subtropical or tropical cyclone. Nevertheless, the system is
expected to remain a strong non-tropical low during the next day or
so, and additional information, including storm-force wind warnings,
can be found in High Seas Forecasts issued by the National Weather
Service.

No additional Special Tropical Weather Outlooks are scheduled for
this system. Regularly scheduled Tropical Weather Outlooks will
resume on May 15, 2023, while Special Tropical Weather Outlooks will
be issued as necessary during the off-season.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.

Cyclone freddy remains a high end cat 4 and is forecast to strike Madagascar in 4 days as a borderline cat 3 I think. It then exits the west coast of Madagascar on the gfs and drops almost 25mb before hitting the east coast of Africa as a 972ish cane again.

The incredible thing is it formed off the NW coast of Australia and will have traversed the entire Indian ocean

My (BAD) Mistake..

I didn't see this thread, When I posted "Outside the Southeast" ..
My sincere Apologies.

ANYHoo..

I (also) know a person in Auckland..

Just went through, Cyclone Gabrielle..

He sends this reoprt..

***** I live in the Hawkes Bay region of New Zealand. On Monday night and Tuesday morning, we got hammered. Cannot send much in the way of links as we have no power and cell coverage is at best intermittent. Thankfully the website does low bandwidth very well. Much appreciated for his efficient website. Many will time out, (blink) load nicely.

Some damage is via wind, and a lot was via flooding. It certainly didn't help that this has already been the wettest summer I've ever seen.

My lower paddock is normally grass with a bunch of trees. With the flooded farmer's paddock upwind along with my new lake, and add 100-120kph wind, I got to see waves on my property. Never thought I'd see that!

Went into town Tuesday afternoon to get some needed supplies, had to reroute as there was a tree across the road, along with several power lines on the road. Reroute took me through a neighborhood that had quite a few homes in a couple feet of water. And that isn't the hard hit area.

Fortunately the hardware store used a generator to power the cash registers so I could buy what I needed.

Sadly we lost several redwoods on our property, and many poplars will have to come down due to a serious case of the "leans". That is okay, those are weed trees. Going to have firewood for at least the next decade, all I have to do is cut into rounds and split...

Wish I had a generator, sigh. One of those things that was on our list but hadn't gotten around to it. Lesson cleaned. ****

SORRY OT:....

Freddy:

2 weeks after Tropical Cyclone Cheneso kills 30 in Madagascar, the country braces for Cyclone Freddy​

Cyclone Freddy is expected to cause flooding on Sunday, Monday​

so the story of cyclone Freddy never really ended. After hitting Madagascar last week he stalled on the east coast of Africa. He now has reemerged and the GFS takes him down to 970mb before hitting the west coast of Madagascar as a cat 2

Being the weather nerd I am I am still following Freddy and he is forecast to be a 95kt cane at landfall 3. or 4. days. Then the gfs stallshim again turns him south and again redevelops him as he then races southeast clipping the SW coast of Madagascar as a mid 980s hurricane again. What a crazy storm to follow

Being the weather nerd I am I am still following Freddy and he is forecast to be a 95kt cane at landfall 3. or 4. days. Then the gfs stallshim again turns him south and again redevelops him as he then races southeast clipping the SW coast of Madagascar as a mid 980s hurricane again. What a crazy storm to follow

Like Freddy Krueger lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back