• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping people stay home and off the roads for Hilary, I was stationed in 29 Palms, and it’s surprising how little rain it takes to cause major issues! On another note , I know it’s way out and wrong atm but I wish the ECMFW went out further the 2 am run looked like a major for somewhere along the SE coast!

I am hoping people stay home and off the roads for Hilary, I was stationed in 29 Palms, and it’s surprising how little rain it takes to cause major issues! On another note , I know it’s way out and wrong atm but I wish the ECMFW went out further the 2 am run looked like a major for somewhere along the SE coast!
Control took into the sea islands and basically along the SC coast up to Charleston. It's about a 24 hour coastal tour so I'd imagine a lot of weakening but a ton of rain.

Control took into the sea islands and basically along the SC coast up to Charleston. It's about a 24 hour coastal tour so I'd imagine a lot of weakening but a ton of rain.
Thanks I left soaker out after the major! I’ll take all the rain I can get, even if in la la land!

Oh wow

gfs_ref_frzn_seus_40.png

Upon further review I dont think the GFS cane will happen. It comes from magic, from a storm that comes from the pacific and that almost never happens. It does show a depression north of the islands so thats the real show though the gfs just washes it out.
You can see where the FLA cane comes from and it seems unrealistic to me

gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_20.png

You can also see another storm forming in the east pac and that will be what happens without the magic spnioff to the east.

Upon further review I dont think the GFS cane will happen. It comes from magic, from a storm that comes from the pacific and that almost never happens. It does show a depression north of the islands so thats the real show though the gfs just washes it out.
You can see where the FLA cane comes from and it seems unrealistic to me

gfs_mslp_pcpn_watl_20.png

You can also see another storm forming in the east pac and that will be what happens without the magic spnioff to the east.
It looks like it's forming a system off of the ITCZ then reforming off the coast of Nicaragua after the land passage. While it's rare, it's happened before. To what extent convection is disrupted from the mountains is unknown and reformation conditions at the time. My wow comment was in reference to the tropical system that recently went through the area causing catastrophic damage.

Barbra:

1920px-Barbara_2013_track.png

Very disappointing Euro. The cane now is just a weak recurving low. there is another one that will recurve 1000 miles east of that and 1 weak crossover in the BOC that i just dont think will happen. Joe Bastardi has cancelled a sept to remember and now says Sept will be below normal. Overall, its time to wait till next season and hope somehow the tropics will remember how to be favorable.

ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_atl_64.png

Very disappointing Euro. The cane now is just a weak recurving low. there is another one that will recurve 1000 miles east of that and i weak crossover in the BOC that i just dont thing will happen. Joe Bastardi has cancelled a sept to remember and now says Sept will be below normal. Overall, its time to wait till next season and hope somehow the tropics will remember how to be favorable.

ecmwf_mslp_pcpn_atl_64.png
Guess Joe is buying into the El Nino induced TUTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back