• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gfs_apcpn_seus_64.png

Most of the storms this year are going to form in the Central Tropical Atlantic, and blow-up on the way OTS. Despite the trough-like pattern on the East Coast, I suspect a TC will spin-up north of the Islands, and then crank up near the Bahamas. I think Eastern NC is likely to get brushed by a strong TC. It also wouldn't surprise me to see a TW spin-up north of Hispaniola or the Southern GOM, and rapidly intensify into a MH before Landfall before getting whisked up Eastern Seaboard. It's all a guess at this point.

However, I think it's only a matter of time before we see the tropical moisture from the extremely warm East Pac. and SW Atlantic is funneled into the Southern and Eastern States (AZ to TX/KS to the Mid Atlantic). These troughs over the East Coast are about to slow in Central US and stall-out over the Eastern third of the nation. Someone is going to get plastered.

V0JYA5o.png

Something to watch during the August 12th-14th Timeframe. TW tries to spin-up between SE Coast of Florida and Central GOM. CMC takes it east of the Florida Coast, as the trough strings it out in the West Atlantic.

0d844410-bc59-487d-bf77-fc668bad6612.gif

And look at this swamp sauna. It's disgusting. One of these nights I bet we tie the record low Maximum of 85 in Fort Lauderdale. The other record I'm watching is total season rainfall. Right now we've had 69", which is more than our average annual rainfall of 64.22". This could be the year we make it to the triple digits.
cdas-sflux_ssta_watl_1.png

Last edited:
Area Forecast Discussion
National Weather Service San Juan PR
500 AM AST Sun Aug 6 2023

"At least through Thursday, the precipitable water content is
expected to remain above normal levels (between 2.00-2.40 inches).
This is in response to a tropical wave crossing the islands on
Wednesday, followed by a stronger tropical wave on Thursday."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back