• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This aint the year/season for the tropics. Next year 2024 will be a different story. Course all it takes is one to whip up at the right time,place.

Nino's suck for African storms. They get sheared and shredded. Only homegrown storms this year it appears.
I think you’re correct here. Too much shear is already setting up for those waves. I would watch the western Caribbean as we get further into August and September.

Poop

gfs_mslp_pcpn_atl_64.png

Nino's suck for African storms. They get sheared and shredded. Only homegrown storms this year it appears.

Most of the African storms recurve anyway... I mean yeah every now and then one gets through but the list that don't is longer. We just remember the ones that did...

Always want to watch homegrown more

Most of the African storms recurve anyway... I mean yeah every now and then one gets through but the list that don't is longer. We just remember the ones that did...

Always want to watch homegrown more
Since this El Niño appears to be trending stronger, I went and looked at both the 1997 and 2015 seasons. Both of these were in the start of very strong Niños and all the storms to impact the US mainland those years were homegrown. Also they don’t necessarily have to hit the mainland to have a big impact. Joaquin in 2015 moved well east of the southeast coast after developing in the western Caribbean and moving over Cuba… however a low in the strong STJ was able to tap into Joaquin’s moisture a produce major flooding for much of the central and eastern Carolinas.

I don't think conditions for tropical development will be favorable for the next ten days or so in the Atlantic. There is a lot of dust and dry air from the Sahara flying around and a strong trough is forecast to set up shop off the Northeast US feeding strong wind shear throughout the Atlantic and Caribbean. Once that trough relaxes and the dry air flow weakens, the bath water in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico will add plenty of fuel for something strong to develop.

I don't think conditions for tropical development will be favorable for the next ten days or so in the Atlantic. There is a lot of dust and dry air from the Sahara flying around and a strong trough is forecast to set up shop off the Northeast US feeding strong wind shear throughout the Atlantic and Caribbean. Once that trough relaxes and the dry air flow weakens, the bath water in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico will add plenty of fuel for something strong to develop.
Feels like a "homegrown" late season, maybe October, special type of year

Feels like a "homegrown" late season, maybe October, special type of year

Need you to calm down with this. Just booked my first adult vacation in Key Largo in mid October with the wife. Although since I did this, it’s almost guaranteed to have one sitting just off the coast of Key Largo the day before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back