• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2023 Tropical thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 areas in the Pacific even after Dora crossed over... I don't expect much in the Atlantic til/unless it slows down over there

I just saw where NOAA finished the computer upgrade they had been promising for a while now and the computing capacity with their new supercomputer has increased by around twenty percent over the previous unit. It will be interesting to see if the GFS forecast model improves with the new system NOAA has in place. If so, long range tropical and winter weather forecasts may not be as off base as before.

I just saw where NOAA finished the computer upgrade they had been promising for a while now and the computing capacity with their new supercomputer has increased by around twenty percent over the previous unit. It will be interesting to see if the GFS forecast model improves with the new system NOAA has in place. If so, long range tropical and winter weather forecasts may not be as off base as before.

AI models will be taking over in the next 5 years or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back