• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 2023 Spring Severe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow could have several rounds of storms with all storm modes possible....low top supercells seem likely....any discrete ones will probably spin up.

Decent setup along and east of 95 the US1 to 95 corridor is a little more conditional tomorrow. Either way the ceiling is high but it'll be easy to get nothing

Decent setup along and east of 95 the US1 to 95 corridor is a little more conditional tomorrow. Either way the ceiling is high but it'll be easy to get nothing

Always the case...if it stays cloudy and cooler all day it will be a lot of meh

Hrrr looks good for tomorrow afternoon IMBY

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230429_212151_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230429_212151_Chrome.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 12
day2otlk_0600.gif

Hi res runs are mainly a extreme NE NC severe setup....

View attachment 135139

View attachment 135140
On the large scale this is one of the setups in this area that can really produce this time of year. Backdoor front moving into a seasonally hot airmass with some glancing jet help can really fire up some decent wind/hailers. The big detractor becomes if the flow veers WNW or NW and we start mixing out or advecting in a lot of dry air which may be the case tomorrow. Additionally we may have a little subsidence in the wake of the weak mcv that rolls through early tomorrow to suppress things even more. Hires models probably have it right with the best chance of a severe storm being tied closer to the lift and along any moisture pooling ahead of the BD front. Will be interesting to see where we are around noon tomorrow

On the large scale this is one of the setups in this area that can really produce this time of year. Backdoor front moving into a seasonally hot airmass with some glancing jet help can really fire up some decent wind/hailers. The big detractor becomes if the flow veers WNW or NW and we start mixing out or advecting in a lot of dry air which may be the case tomorrow. Additionally we may have a little subsidence in the wake of the weak mcv that rolls through early tomorrow to suppress things even more. Hires models probably have it right with the best chance of a severe storm being tied closer to the lift and along any moisture pooling ahead of the BD front. Will be interesting to see where we are around noon tomorrow
Keep us posted on your thoughts!!!

If the last couple runs of the NAM are to be believed we might get in on some MCS action here in SE NC this evening. Looks to be in the 7pm-9pm range for my town in particular. Other mesoscale models are a little less enthusiastic but show some spotty storms. Been really tame this Spring in my neck of the woods maybe the NAM has the right idea. I'm ready for something with a little more teeth (as long as it doesn't cause major damage)

Last edited:
Yeah hrrr doesn't look overly excited ekther
The Hhhrrrrr was showing run after run storms for Sunday, while the 3k was showing zilch. Now, it's the opposite. I'm usually inclined to discount the HhrrrrRR any chance I get. That said, there just doesn't look to be a favorable setup for widespread coverage.

Scattered showers/storms with maybe a severe cluster somewhere in the east seems reasonable. 30% --> 50% central to east looks right to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back