• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe 2023 Spring Severe

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night overnight fizzled in Alabama.. for which I’m thankful… but a thunderless, unwarned tornado hit southwest LaGrange in Troup County GA where I live last night.. ( see SPC’s) modified storm reports.. approximately 4:40 am EST. Anyone got fancy radar history on this?? Or what happened???? Very freakish event to say the least.. several businesses damaged… FFC has no mention on their website, but when I talked to them this morning, they were sending a team to investigate.

So last night overnight fizzled in Alabama.. for which I’m thankful… but a thunderless, unwarned tornado hit southwest LaGrange in Troup County GA where I live last night.. ( see SPC’s) modified storm reports.. approximately 4:40 am EST. Anyone got fancy radar history on this?? Or what happened???? Very freakish event to say the least.. several businesses damaged… FFC has no mention on their website, but when I talked to them this morning, they were sending a team to investigate.
Best I can do as far as help.

Here’s the 4:28am and 4:40am radar images. I don’t have velocity. Looks like there was an individual cell down there that sort of separated from the line

BB05A198-5F9F-47B1-A682-1D93D5A9FC7B.pngF550DCBD-0D57-4064-ADCC-6D3C8F13D655.png

Thanks for the assist!!! I was shocked… no thunder.. tornados from 2 separate system to wreck our county… done!!! Repeat DONE with severe season here in Troup County!

Heard lots of chatter from various sources on the weather community that I trust. The consensus seems to point towards an active season. Time will tell. In the mean time I will enjoy my 80 degree Temps this week ?
Gulf waters are getting primed already , warmer than average since hardly any cold has reached the region. So rich gulf flow moisture won’t be problem

Gulf waters are getting primed already , warmer than average since hardly any cold has reached the region. So rich gulf flow moisture won’t be problem
I don't think we're done seeing model runs like the Euro had this time last week for the most recent system. I wouldn't be totally shocked to see such runs verify this spring.

Even the NWS said something about the same in The extended.

The presence of subtropical ridging will remain fairly steady-state
through the rest of the period. This will support above average
temperatures as a result, though temperatures will be more mitigated
by the presence of a front passing through the area Friday morning.
The effects of this meandering front and a couple passing
perturbations on the northern periphery of the ridge will lead to a
chance for rain each day, though I don`t have any thunder mentioning
at this time. A stronger signal for more organized thunderstorm
potential appears on Mon/Tue, outside the official forecast period.

40/Sizemore

Looks like an early season severe threat may be shaping up across parts of the plains states for Sunday evening. Already a day 5 30% area for parts of TX/OK/KS.3CE76C6D-DCC9-4D4F-B335-727E1E0C74A7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back