• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season thread

Wait... To have 15 more storms from August 15 (probably not much starting before this date) to say October 15 (realistic end) we would need to have one storm FORM every 4 days to reach that number. Seems a tad high, and I doubt we see an 'O' storm.

I'm not saying the season is doomed and blah blah, but I am doubting it's THAT active.

Wait... To have 15 more storms from August 15 (probably not much starting before this date) to say October 15 (realistic end) we would need to have one storm FORM every 4 days to reach that number. Seems a tad high, and I doubt we see an 'O' storm.

I'm not saying the season is doomed and blah blah, but I am doubting it's THAT active.

It's not impossible but it is a lot from where we stand right now. 2002 for example... Zero hurricanes til September then there were 8 storms that month(can you imagine?). There have been massive flips before

But I'm also not ruling anything out on the other end too

3D44B355-4559-4AA0-96F1-999A500DFE04.png
This area is what some poster are watching. Probably nothing, but good convergence with the gulf system. Extremely high TCHP waters. Also some impressive convection popping up over the waters.

It's not impossible but it is a lot from where we stand right now. 2002 for example... Zero hurricanes til September then there were 8 storms that month(can you imagine?). There have been massive flips before

But I'm also not ruling anything out on the other end too
Oh for sure, it's not over, and 8 in a month would be exhausting. Eben then we'd basically need 2 back to back months like that to hit CSU's predictions.

Back