• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.27 and as soon as these residual spritzy showers clear out and we get a couple of hot days we'll see how that just isn't much this time of year.
Yeah we really need to cash in Friday or it'll be dry again next week but I'm sure l get corrected about that bc it rained one time. But maybe I look at it wrong because I see dry and drought as 2 very different things

Last edited:
Holy sweat this is way worse than Spartanburg what the hell
Man walking across campus in August is hell on earth. I think the brickyard might be the coldest place in Raleigh when you have cold windy mornings. Just wait until you have a class in Jordan then your next class is in like Winston or Tompkins

Man walking across campus in August is hell on earth. I think the brickyard might be the coldest place in Raleigh when you have cold windy mornings. Just wait until you have a class in Jordan then your next class is in like Winston or Tompkins
I’m really hoping this is as bad as it will be. No major cross campus hikes in short time periods, the worst one will be my HESF class ending 15 minutes before MA141. 8-10 minute walk plus I’m guaranteed to be drenched in sweat. Not sure how I’m gonna handle that

Reactions: SD
I’m really hoping this is as bad as it will be. No major cross campus hikes in short time periods, the worst one will be my HESF class ending 15 minutes before MA141. 8-10 minute walk plus I’m guaranteed to be drenched in sweat. Not sure how I’m gonna handle that
The walks get much more enjoyable in the fall. Just watch out for the uneven bricks and the leaves from the trees on north campus when they start falling and get wet. Those things are trained snipers

The whole campus at State is a brickyard.

by far the number of tornadoes connected to tropical hits on the Gulf of Mexico is #1 for Wilkes and surrounding elevations above 1,000ft.yesterday’s three Wilkes tornadoes will only aid those stats. Good topic for someone to explore in a graduation project with connections to more active hurricane seasons due to global warming.

The first annual SouthernWX Surf Classic sponsored by Ageless Male is on.

I've probably only ever been in waves as high as 12' or so but man an 8' clean wave generated by tropical swell is something all weather enthusiasts should experience atleast once.
Screenshot_20210818-115001_Chrome.jpg

stop downvoting someone already messaged me privately saying how jealous some of the guys were seeing the tornado break in Wilkes

Zebulon , home of the last salt of the earth people left in Wake County ! Strewth!Don’t dare say a thing you miscreant ! This town looked out for me when I was down .... can’t say Fake Forest would do the same .

Well, at least it isn't Lizard Lick.

So I just realized this January will make it six years since I started posting to weather forums. Also I turn 22 next week lol

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
It’s been 7 years going on 8 for me . Ahhhh man you and I are old . I now understand how some people on here feel .

Really unsure why there wasn’t a greater lead time on the flash flood watches and tornado watches? Waiting to read GSP event summary to make sure it matches what I have in my notebook in terms of lead times. SPC also didn’t really help when the beans formed just north of Charlotte they should have immediately knew given their fast forward speeds that they were going into areas not in any watch box. In fact, the law had to be called to confirm what was already on the ground with no warning in western Iredell. I feel like the flood watch should have been issued nearly 6-12 hours sooner and the tornado watch should have been issued 2-4 hours sooner and the tornado warning should have been issued 10-20 mins sooner with special weather statements starting north of Charlotte when i posted they were growing in a tropical swamp of warm air and being thrown north west into Fred’s n/e quadrant.last thing but won’t go deep into risk of getting banned but the yancey/Mitchell warnings lacked merit after hearing them brag about warning count and then SPC enhanced risk lacked merit as the discrete activity stopped and turned into a bowing line I felt like they were constantly playing catch-up to what was observed vs forecasting. there is a book I could write on additional communication concerns but instead it’s going straight to Maryland office not here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back