• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lickwx @SD So here's that same thing I did for GSP for RAH. Time period 1/1/86-12/31/20. From left-right
County : total # svr warnings : avg per yr svr warnings : sq mileage of county: avg per yr warnings divided by sq mileage x 100
The last column I believe gives a percent chance of a severe thunderstorm warning occurring at any one square mile within the given county. Next I'm going to narrow it down to "pop-up season" (May-August) and do the same calculations.
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 9.35.06 AM.png

@Lickwx @SD So here's that same thing I did for GSP for RAH. Time period 1/1/86-12/31/20. From left-right
County : total # svr warnings : avg per yr svr warnings : sq mileage of county: avg per yr warnings divided by sq mileage x 100
The last column I believe gives a percent chance of a severe thunderstorm warning occurring at any one square mile within the given county. Next I'm going to narrow it down to "pop-up season" (May-August) and do the same calculations.
View attachment 78289
@metwannabe dead last haha

It would be interesting to plot this as distance from the RAX radar. Just glancing it really looks like the further you get away the less likely you are to get a warning

Last edited:
@metwannabe dead last haha

It would be interesting to plot this as distance from the RAX radar. Just glancing it really looks kind the further you get away the less likely you are to get a warning
Yep I also want to try and account for that. IMO population centers and distance from radar are major factors.

Reactions: SD
Sitting here tryna figure out how to narrow down to only the summer months but still have all 36 years of data present anybody got any ideas @Webberweather53 I know you use IEM plenty

Bro Columbia what
month:jul::sector:state::src:ncdc_climate81::state:NC::opt:both::var:avg_high::cmap:jet::dpi:100.png

Raycom Jefferson Pilot sports brought to you by Food Lion.
The good ole days before conference expansion when it was actually the ACC and not the ACC and a couple of random teams from around the country league.

I do hope BC beats Dook today though lol.

#GoHeels #GTHD

The good ole days before conference expansion when it was actually the ACC and not the ACC and a couple of random teams from around the country league.

I do hope BC beats Dook today though lol.

#GoHeels #GTHD
As a state fan I miss it. You had a chance every year no matter how bad the season was. Now if you aren't in the top 4 with the double bye you can just about hang it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back