• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol you can definitely tell when it was winter per my average walking/running mileage 62A3A3A9-77FA-4038-96C6-BFFAE55D6359.jpeg

That’s good to hear. One of my main concerns about NCSU over Clemson is I really just enjoy the Clemson area much more, but Umstead looks really nice

I'll jump in late here; although I admire Lick's enthusiasm and I am an NCSU alum, you are right, I have traveled from Asheville to Clemson for outdoor recreation. In ways Clemson has everything Asheville has to offer and more with the lakes in the area (except it doesn't have the elevation to lower those summer temps a bit). My wife and I have hiked to some gorgeous waterfalls near Clemson and we have been to Lake Jocassee a little to the north numerous times. Also, we have been down to Little John a few times to watch the Pack lose to Clemson. We have not tried to go to a football game.

You can't go wrong with either school but there could be some slight differences in programs offered that may interest you. Anyway either one will be a great experience; be sure to study hard and play hard!

Raleigh for a major metro area does have nice outdoor rec opportunities but let's face it; it is not an outdoor recreation destination. Real-estate has become super expensive too. I wonder if Raleigh has the Californians moving in like Asheville does now.

Last edited:
I'll jump in late here; although I admire Lick's enthusiasm and I am an NCSU alum, you are right, I have traveled from Asheville to Clemson for outdoor recreation. In ways Clemson has everything Asheville has to offer and more with the lakes in the area (except it doesn't have the elevation to lower those summer temps a bit). My wife and I have hiked to some gorgeous waterfalls near Clemson and we have been to Lake Jocassee a little to the north numerous times. Also, we have been down to Little John a few times to watch the Pack lose to Clemson. We have not tried to go to a football game.

You can't go wrong with either school but there could be some slight differences in programs offered that may interest you. Anyway either one will be a great experience; be sure to study hard and play hard!

Raleigh for a major metro area does have nice outdoor rec opportunities but let's face it; it is not an outdoor recreation destination. Real-estate has become super expensive too. I wonder if Raleigh has the Californians moving in like Asheville does now.

Another disadvantage of Raleigh is that it averages slightly colder than Clemson.

Well it’s NCSU with met and Clemson with ?‍♂️ Idk what i’d study there

That surprises me considering Clemson is near the mountains and Raleigh is closer to the warm ocean.
Raleigh and Clemson are almost identical for the annual averages . 71.7/50 for Raleigh 71.8/49 for Clemson . So technically Raleigh is actually warmer , factor in averages for somewhere inside the UHI like NCSU or somewhere further south in the county and it’s even warmer . Mainly thanks to summer , spring and fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back