• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Lickwx and other RDU peeps, thoughts on William Unstead State Park?
6000 acres of goodness in the heart of a metro area , trails around NC state lead right into it , or just drive 5 minutes up the road! There’s also the NCSU Carl schwin forest , the horse farms next to it , reedy creek lake , and Crabtree county park. It’s a whole massive complex of outdoor wilderness that you wouldn’t expect to find ! Plus on the south side of state there lake Johnson and the trails there , lake Raleigh on campus , pullen and Dorothea dix park , lake wheeler , lake benson , and then 2k acres of farmland 5 minutes outside downtown and campus plus the beautiful Yates mill pond park as well! NCSU might be in the heart of Raleigh but rural and public land surrounds it as well.

Also I practically live at umstead ! I have my own special cliffs over the river I go to off trail !

6000 acres of goodness in the heart of a metro area , trails around NC state lead right into it , or just drive 5 minutes up the road! There’s also the NCSU Carl schwin forest , the horse farms next to it , reedy creek lake , and Crabtree county park. It’s a whole massive complex of outdoor wilderness that you wouldn’t expect to find ! Plus on the south side of state there lake Johnson and the trails there , lake Raleigh on campus , pullen and Dorothea dix park , lake wheeler , lake benson , and then 2k acres of farmland 5 minutes outside downtown and campus plus the beautiful Yates mill pond park as well! NCSU might be in the heart of Raleigh but rural and public land surrounds it as well.

Also I practically live at umstead ! I have my own special cliffs over the river I go to off trail !
That’s good to hear. One of my main concerns about NCSU over Clemson is I really just enjoy the Clemson area much more, but Umstead looks really nice

That’s good to hear. One of my main concerns about NCSU over Clemson is I really just enjoy the Clemson area much more, but Umstead looks really nice
Clemson is close to the mountains and all that land but Raleigh has it beat I think for public lands right there ! We also have multiple game lands , Harris lake , falls lake , lake Jordan , Raven rock right by @SD house , largest greenway system in the south , eno river , little river , occoneechee plus the beach is 2 hours away only .

Clemson is close to the mountains and all that land but Raleigh has it beat I think for public lands right there ! We also have multiple game lands , Harris lake , falls lake , lake Jordan , Raven rock right by @SD house , largest greenway system in the south , eno river , little river , occoneechee plus the beach is 2 hours away only .
How far is it to some of the better hiking area (Cherokee to Boone corridor)

How far is it to some of the better hiking area (Cherokee to Boone corridor)
Cherokee and the smokies is 4-5 hours but hanging rock and pilot mountain are 2 hours , West Virginia is 3, Virginia’s mountains are 2.5 , Boone is one of the closer areas as well about 3 hours to the pisgah and grandfather mountain. Plus we have the secret uwharries in central nc. Not many people know about those small mountains / hills . 2 hours away

south mountains by hickory are maybe doable as well !

Cherokee and the smokies is 4-5 hours but hanging rock and pilot mountain are 2 hours , West Virginia is 3, Virginia’s mountains are 2.5 , Boone is one of the closer areas as well about 3 hours to the pisgah and grandfather mountain. Plus we have the secret uwharries in central nc. Not many people know about those small mountains / hills . 2 hours away

south mountains by hickory are maybe doable as well !
Thanks. It’s gonna be a tough decision esp bc my bro and I have some high school friends going to Clemson

Most importantly if you come to state you can be friends with @Lickwx
Dude who doesn’t want to be friends with me ? I have the coolest adventures and friends on earth !

Yesterday’s adventure : went to saxapahaw again and hiked . On the way there wrote down “ meet me at the Waffle House at 3 am” on a paper and got drivers attention for some epic reactions ! Then we went to the town and chilled with all the hippies . On the way back saw this bar outside chapel hill on the side of the road and noticed a bluegrass band playing so we turned around and chilled there too. Also almsot died as my friends driving was insanely reckless . Crossing 2 lanes at once going 95 miles per hour on 440 in an FJ cruiser while tailgating everyone is scary ----. Pissed off some guy in a Ford who kept cutting us off and trying to bump us lmao. I showed him my meet me at the Waffle House message .

Lol I’m just messaging randos on the roommate thing
I would roommate if I wanted more debt or was rich and could afford my school and living expenses without working 40 hour weeks . I’m a mega hustler , I used to hustle 16 hour days with school . Ain’t good for you tho.

Dude who doesn’t want to be friends with me ? I have the coolest adventures and friends on earth !

Yesterday’s adventure : went to saxapahaw again and hiked . On the way there wrote down “ meet me at the Waffle House at 3 am” on a paper and got drivers attention for some epic reactions ! Then we went to the town and chilled with all the hippies . On the way back saw this bar outside chapel hill on the side of the road and noticed a bluegrass band playing so we turned around and chilled there too. Also almsot died as my friends driving was insanely reckless . Crossing 2 lanes at once going 95 miles per hour on 440 in an FJ cruiser while tailgating everyone is scary ----. Pissed off some guy in a Ford who kept cutting us off and trying to bump us lmao. I showed him my meet me at the Waffle House message .
Lol fj cruiser did it have a salt life sticker

Got a estimate on when bman can come back ? @SD ? I know you and metwannabe hate him but I miss the days coming here seeing all out ---- posts from bman, freaking hilarious

• Love
Reactions: SD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back