• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

That's why you live in places that gets big snowstorms regularly but where it melts soon after.

(I.E. Denver, NYC, etc.)
Denver ! Denver is epic . Only issue is they can get big snowstorms in may and only a bit further up from them places get dumped on in June ! Heck wouldn’t surprise me if they see snow in June occasionally. I know last year I believe it was they had snowstorm in June and it snowed in the suburbs , not sure if it made it down to Denver’s elevation.

Most are smart then. Do the poll in December and most people want cold. It’s Spring. Time for warmth.
Like I said earlier, I love pacific driven winters, cold is transient but beastly, and often does produce a winter storm and has the cold to do so, then a week later your enjoying warmth

Denver ! Denver is epic . Only issue is they can get big snowstorms in may and only a bit further up from them places get dumped on in June ! Heck wouldn’t surprise me if they see snow in June occasionally. I know last year I believe it was they had snowstorm in June and it snowed in the suburbs , not sure if it made it down to Denver’s elevation.
It would be cool to live there for at least one year just to see what happens... They get some monster storms during the monsoon but they also get snow in September and in April.

To be fair I forget to put things in the whamby thread and I’m responsible for putting my warm miser sort of “agenda” on the pattern threads, my fault
I agree I do the same ... no one likes the whammy thread I mean I feel like when weather is boring no ones really lookin at other threads .. when stuff gets busy I try to take more things here ... also in regards to the warm vs. cold it’s genuinely been a complete joke to me and just something that makes the boring weather fun .. plus I’m still mentally recovering from a lack of snow the past three years or so which makes my weenie skyrocket .. I apologize if I have hurt anyone’s feelings for that is not my intention I just like joking around with @Myfrotho704_ ??‍♂️

As far as severe weather going forward, climatologically it's still too early to say for sure, but early pattern indications suggest this is going to be another Dixie Alley year.

Meanwhile, we're gonna have to watch for the worsening drought here.

Last edited:
Absolutely.

That's why you live in places that gets big snowstorms regularly but where it melts soon after.

(I.E. Denver, NYC, etc.)
Denver would be a legit place to live for a balance of enjoyable weather and snow. Also Flagstaff would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back