• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably going to be your best option and it would be driven by county size and make up. A larger county like Wake might need to be broken down a little more versus a rural county especially since UHIs can help convection
Yeah some of those tiny mountain counties really could just be split in half. And speaking for the upstate specifically, the extreme northern tier of the northernmost counties is often very different from the southern. Take Pickens/Oconee for example, the northern parts have consistent 1000’+ elevation, then down at Clemson and the lakelands it’s 600-700 or so

Last year September was nice but the previous few years were unbearable throughout the month. September 2018 we didn't have a low below 60°F at all.
2018 was highly unusual. 50s for lows are pretty common in Late Sept. I've even seen 30s in Late Sept deep into Georgia. I know the early 2000's had some really nice Septembers.

I never stay inside imma be honest lol. No matter the weather . Also when will you let me train you so you can lose weight ?!!! I’ll work your ass off!
I just cut out all “pop” as they call it up here! Dropping lbs like crazy

I'm am coining new jargon for southern winters for different patterns. Common patterns are COD ? (cold overly dry) and WOW :oops: (warm overly wet) and WOD? (warm overly dry).

It is very rare to see a COW? (cold overly wet) pattern having both the cold and moisture needed for snow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back