• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021 Spring/Summer Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So This either confirms there is a storm hole over me, or that the distance to the radar is playing a key. And it could be both. I'm closer to RNK Radar and will use their Site in Radarscope over RAH.

The 2 surrounding counties in this list that are in RAH are Davidson which averages 3.4 more SVR storms a year more, and Guilford which averages a whopping 5.4 more SVR storms a year more.

I'd be curious to see what RNK has for Rockingham, Stokes, and Yadkin.
(1/1/86-12/31/20)
Rockingham-517 (14.4 avg)
Stokes-458 (12.7 avg)
Yadkin-316 (8.8 avg)

Man, this is some Sit on the deck in the sun and drink your coffee weather right here. The only thing that could make this weather any better were some leaves to blow in the trees.
Disagree, you warm weenies do not understand how much sitting in my room all day alone on a cold rainy day turns me on. It makes my nips tender. Plus there are no mosquitos!

-Probably @NickyBGuarantee ? Maybe? Love you nicky!

Disagree, you warm weenies do not understand how much sitting in my room all day alone on a cold rainy day turns me on. It makes my nips tender. Plus there are no mosquitos!
Bugs block me from going outside there horrible, it’s impossible, I guess sitting inside all day will do

-Probably @NickyBGuarantee ? Maybe? Love you nicky!
Probably even the mosquitoes know to stay away from you

It’s 74/69 in the morning in July, to humid to go outside and run I’ll just take the morning off from going outside

(1/1/86-12/31/20)
Rockingham-517 (14.4 avg)
Stokes-458 (12.7 avg)
Yadkin-316 (8.8 avg)

OK, so now i'm wondering how much county size is playing into this, (Because size always matters...). I just need to average the yearly amount to against the SQ Mile of each county......

BRB in an hour or two.

OK, so now i'm wondering how much county size is playing into this, (Because size always matters...). I just need to average the yearly amount to against the SQ Mile of each county......

BRB in an hour or two.

Didn't take that long.

This reads that there On Average per year, there is a 1.8 - 3 % chance of any Sq mi in that county to be under a SVR storm warning at some point in the year.

1614873328198.png
**Note: I believe i've represented this correctly. If not, feel free to correct me.

If i'm doing this right, then I'm middle of the road in Forsyth, 2.2% chance. The surprising loser was Randolph with only 1.8% change.

Didn't take that long.

This reads that there On Average per year, there is a 1.8 - 3 % chance of any Sq mi in that county to be under a SVR storm warning at some point in the year.

View attachment 77793
**Note: I believe i've represented this correctly. If not, feel free to correct me.

If i'm doing this right, then I'm middle of the road in Forsyth, 2.2% chance. The surprising loser was Randolph with only 1.8% change.
This is really cool. I think I'll do this for GSP and maybe RAH this afternoon

Replicating what @smast16 came up with for the GSP CWA. Columns are
County name--total number of svr storms 1986-2020--average number of svr storms/yr--county square mileage--avg divided by county sq mileage x 100
Screen Shot 2021-03-04 at 11.52.11 AM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back