• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2021 hurricane season thread

Yeah it's not a ton of support but with the mjo getting into p1-2 there's a little support. The mjo cycle is similar to where we saw Elsa form last month just a little less amplitude
Doesn’t mean much but it’s interesting the only member with anything wants to threaten the Carolina coast . I mean it’s nuts to me everything is literally aligned as bad / good as possible for the highest possible chances you can get for a hurricane strike on the Carolina coast / SE . 1999 to the end I guess ! Perhaps means a Jan 2000?

Doesn’t mean much but it’s interesting the only member with anything wants to threaten the Carolina coast . I mean it’s nuts to me everything is literally aligned as bad / good as possible for the highest possible chances you can get for a hurricane strike on the Carolina coast / SE . 1999 to the end I guess ! Perhaps means a Jan 2000?
You know a winter like ‘99-‘00 would most of us in the Carolinas very happy. We all got in on a 10-15 day stretch of cold and multiple winter weather hits and the warm weather fans still get to end up with a winter that’s predominantly mild.

It's going to pop off very soon. I've lived close to the beach for the past 8 years, and I've never seen weeks of variable winds winds with days or hours of calms winds. Every day, temperatures reach the low to mid-90s with dew points of 73-80 degrees with daytimes thunderstorms that produce more power outages than widespread rain. I've not seen the Sarahan Dust haze up the sky this year. Water Temps along the shelfs of SE FL to the Caribbean and Central America are ridiculous. Two buoys off Miami are ranging between 87.8 and 92.5 degrees. National Weather Services from the Gulf to Puerto Rico are telling the same tale. The Western Atlantic Basin is already juiced up and will continue to warm for another week. Check out the TCHP. The early signals from this year look like a combination of 2008, 1996, 2017, 2004, and 1981. Some of those years even had an above average monsoon in the SW, which I don't think anybody expected.

E7maafcVUAQMAj6.jpg

Back