• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2021 hurricane season thread

06Z GFS was exactly how we dont wont to see the pattern evolving as systems approach.....its also right in line with the overall analog pattern Weber posted a while back on why we in the SE should worry.....still its 2 weeks out and that run was just the first of many worst case scenarios they will spit out.

To near or slightly below normal for summer days … no more extreme heat for a good bit .. I guess if 95 is extreme heat
Maybe but both EPS and GEFS look warm . I do think we get to 95 during the month I mean , mean max for august is higher . Extreme heat though no, no indications of that certainly .

Yeah, I have those saved in pandas dataframes that I could quickly export to csv. I can share those here or via dm later tonight when I'm back at my computer.

Sounds good! I have all of the 500mb data, so I could use that to continue my research. I’ll credit you like I did for the winter data.

Sounds good! I have all of the 500mb data, so I could use that to continue my research. I’ll credit you like I did for the winter data.

Yeah no problem! I plan to eventually use some of your precip type code you shared w/ me last year (& credit you for it) but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Yeah no problem! I plan to eventually use some of your precip type code you shared w/ me last year (& credit you for it) but haven't gotten around to it yet.
I’m thinking about downloading the daily snowfall depth totals for the winter, and then selecting certain coordinates to see the associating 500mb height. VP 200 would also would be interesting to see.

Back