• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Me and the wife like to go to Nick's Pub have a few drinks and watch it snow. Pretty sad up here this year so far. Haven't even had an advisory level NW flow yet. Hopefully by mid January that will change.
It’ll come. That’s the fun thing about being up there. It’s a good elevation and it can put down some serious snow while everyone else rains. Different world up there.

I’m picking up what you’re putting down. Sometimes we’re all guilty of asking for a little too much.
I mean I'm as guilty as anyone wanting that but in our region it's just not that realistic. What is far more realistic is getting those short spurts that are cold and snowy that if we are lucky cycle around more than once in a winter or if we are super lucky do stick around for 30-45 days.

Most definitely a different world. Avery County is a world in itself.
I’ve had many rides up that mountain where it was sunny at the bottom and pounding snow when you round the top. Was there for a good NW flow event in 2012’ish. 6-8+ with barely a dusting when we went to eat at the Daniel Boon Inn that night.

Thank you. I drove over to Sugar, and then down to Linville (loved Linville area), and then down to the cavern. Hate i didnt route further west to Newland and area. Its on my list this spring. Heard good things.
Check out bakersville roan mtn area too its gorgeous especially little community on the line called buladean its right on roan valley now thats the spot!

I’ve had many rides up that mountain where it was sunny at the bottom and pounding snow when you round the top. Was there for a good NW flow event in 2012’ish. 6-8+ with barely a dusting when we went to eat at the Daniel Boon Inn that night.
Yeah its wild as you climb Linville mtn watching the temp drop the u round the curve and its BAM pouring snow.

Back