• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

bar-brawl.gif
I think it would be hilarious if everyone was together lmao

Again, why so way out there extreme with these comments? You know those types of comments could be considered comments intending to provoke a reaction, kinda the definition of internet troll ;)
You must have the real trolls ignored .. I finally have them as well .. but you could easily say this comment is the pot calling the kettle black ?

Yeah but they always grow back up from the ground . I saw some giant bananas at duke garden this year , walked under them even. They had some decent sized banana fruit as well. When I was in Wrightsville Monday I saw a banana plant that was still green and apart from the wind shreds on it was fine .
Yeah but they don't produce bananas when I do that, they really only flower off older growth it seems like and they need to be bigger to support the weight of the naners. I usually only get smaller bundles here but I've had a few varieties over the years do pretty well. Also when I dig up I can separate the suckered and get more for next spring.

I bet at the coast I could just beef up the mulch around them a bit and they would do fine. The problem is when they freeze the just turn to mush because they are all water inside

The 0z CFS had another good run out in fantasy land (..past day 16). Not as magical as the one from days back but did show a real winter pattern (lots of ice type events and cold). Not going to post anything but here's the link starting at day 16:

3 Things,

1. Nice new spider sitting on his web. ?
2. Weeds are growing again. ?
3. I'm running the AC because it's 73 in the house and humidity is 68%. ?

Certainly is a December to Remember.
Yes, I've been running A/C since Sunday afternoon. Got to keep the humidity below 60% in the house. I really should invest in a dehumidifier. Running at 70 degrees sometimes. It's quite cool but no other way to get the swamp ass air dried out...

3 Things,

1. Nice new spider sitting on his web. ?
2. Weeds are growing again. ?
3. I'm running the AC because it's 73 in the house and humidity is 68%. ?

Certainly is a December to Remember.
Yeah all this talk about saving on heating cost, don't know about you but I have a heat pump don't use gas or oil and like you I'm running the AC. I'm not saving on anything Lol

Back