• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

I love how we're rooting for U200 winds now. Tune in next week when we explore the destructive interference of the Bidecadal Asthenospheric Deformation (or BAD).

No, it's the Southeast Unfortunate Circulation Kelvin Synaptic. Very important to know that generally it SUCKS to be in the SE, if you like snow. :)

Looks like we might be having another winter where the eastern SE might be getting just a few weak cool shots and a couple of small winter weather events for climo favored areas, but nothing major. Maybe the models and the pacific will look a lot different as when we get into early Jan,but who knows. In the meantime, my expectations is non existant.

To be fair, the GFS has a nice wedge in place prior to this depiction and there is a low in the gulf around Houston that might be sliding east or northeast, bringing the wedge back in play. It actually has a cool down just after New Years day and could be about to shift the trough east. Look how far south that western trough goes. If we get a +PNA, like we had in November, that trough could be just as deep over us. It would mean a lot of cold, dry air and no source of gulf moisture (would be cut off except for very far south). The PNA seems to run in month long cycles. It would be due to go positive in January if this is true. GEFS seems to support 850's dropping around the first of January, too.

Im tired of losing to Tom Brady and Im tired of losing to warmth. Going to join the damn club. Myfrotho, you want summer? Lets go to Daytona Beach in the Jeep Wrangler, doors off and cooler full. Might as well make it a year long summer!!

Mean maybe but average high for me in January is around 46 degrees and low around 25-26 degrees. I believe the mean is 35 degrees.
I meant the average mean for this winter. That would likely be highs averaging close to 60. Highly doubt it stays like this all 3 months.

Back