• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

Well after a break for the last day I might as well come back. If I'm going to be mad about the weather I may as well come on here and do it with like minded people.

Will we ever get a pattern and enough cold to produce snow? Who knows anymore? You would think with all the available cold and the MJO stuck in phase 7 (which is good in a Jan La Nina) and the likelihood it does eventually get to 8 that we at least would have a brief window. But this is the SE and we constantly find different ways to fail. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if the real cold never gets here and this is another year of just token flakes and maybe at some point a dusting to an inch that melts in 2 hours. Or a complete shutout in mby wouldn't surprise me at all either the way things have been the last 3 years.

Well after a break for the last day I might as well come back. If I'm going to be mad about the weather I may as well come on here and do it with like minded people.

Will we ever get a pattern and enough cold to produce snow? Who knows anymore? You would think with all the available cold and the MJO stuck in phase 7 (which is good in a Jan La Nina) and the likelihood it does eventually get to 8 that we at least would have a brief window. But this is the SE and we constantly find different ways to fail. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if the real cold never gets here and this is another year of just token flakes and maybe at some point a dusting to an inch that melts in 2 hours. Or a complete shutout in mby wouldn't surprise me at all either the way things have been the last 3 years.
Well, good patterns just don't produce the way they used to.

Oh wait, my bad, that's not my line.

Pattern change! Well, the model is either wrong and we keep the big Aleutian ridge, OR we go to either a GOA low with a raging Pac jet and say bye bye to all the cold air in Canada or watch that low retrograde to the Aleutians and pump up a western ridge. My guess is the latter, based on the alleged MJO propagation and the fact that the model seems to be moving that way, if you play the animation. It fits with the timing of when a better pattern should theoretically start to emerge. Clock is ticking. 2 weeks.

View attachment 98794

I got $10 bucks we rage the Pac Jet and wash Canada of all it's cold air and go Zonal.

The gymnastics this year with the indices are significantly worse than the actual weather. I think there are just too many people talking about things they don't fully understand. Most here know what a good look is when we see it, why the need to associate a 3 letter index to it?

Back