• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2021-22 Fall/Winter Whamby Thread

This place is a dumpster fire. You would truly think it’s late February right now.
I’m getting so ------- frustrated with winter it’s unbelievable how long I’ve gone without a inch of snow with my climo, it’s getting super old and I’m getting super impatient, ever since early December 2018 I’ve heard repeatedly “it’s just the beginning” “models will change” and many other things, I’m starting to legitimately think my area is the new early 2000s Columbia SC in whatever cycle we’re in, the meltdown next year will be epic if it’s snow less then a inch here, might get myself banned, will be like those AMWX meltdowns

I’m getting so ------- frustrated with winter it’s unbelievable how long I’ve gone without a inch of snow with my climo, it’s getting super old and I’m getting super impatient, ever since early December 2018 I’ve heard repeatedly “it’s just the beginning” “models will change” and many other things, I’m starting to legitimately think my area is the new early 2000s Columbia SC in whatever cycle we’re in, the meltdown next year will be epic if it’s snow less then a inch here, might get myself banned, will be like those AMWX meltdowns
It’s still early my friend.

I have a feeling this winter is going to be slightly AN during December/early January, then we get a random big dog around late January, then we torch in February
I have a feeling this winter will be a cycle of oh no we suck and oh look at hour 240 for one group, for another group the winter will somehow be colder than the models and recorded stats, for another group it will be a perpetual torch just round the corner they wait for, for another group it will be just another sad winter. The truth of this winter is between all that!

I have a feeling this winter will be a cycle of oh no we suck and oh look at hour 240 for one group, for another group the winter will somehow be colder than the models and recorded stats, for another group it will be a perpetual torch just round the corner they wait for, for another group it will be just another sad winter. The truth of this winter is between all that!
Don’t forget the lower dewpoint/lower temps then modeled crowd

Back