• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a tractor, JD 1025R and sold the X570. Front end loader, 60" 7 gauge deck, 45 gallon sprayer and 48" JD 647 tiller. Added about 2K in options, ballast, load n go, prem LED blast (5 x Grote 1700 lumens), heavy hitch consumer at this point. We only have 2 acres, I won't live in Eastern NC forever, and a 59" +SN blower with rear chains would fit the bill. Trading up, close to a 2038R, but went 1 series for the time being.

How to use the ignore feature.

Click a users name on a post they have created.
Click the red ignore button in the pop up that appears
Move on

This will also allow you to ignore entire threads if you ignore the member who started the thread.

Figure some of you might need that reminder before you get ignored by the thread :)

How to use the ignore feature.

Click a users name on a post they have created.
Click the red ignore button in the pop up that appears
Move on

This will also allow you to ignore entire threads if you ignore the member who started the thread.

Figure some of you might need that reminder before you get ignored by the thread :)

I can't ignore SD, boooo :p

I'd like people's opinion here. I'm going on a 2 week road trip out west beginning August 1st. The point of it is to see states I've never been to, see the great natural attractions the west has to offer (Grand Canyon, Big Sur, Rockies, etc.), and to visit a good friend in CA. I'll be staying in a hotel each night, but really most my trip will be in a car or outdoors.

Good idea?

Well alrighty. Sensitivity runs rampant. I thought the threads were going just fine everyone seem to be just having conversation no one really throwing names out there.

I'd like people's opinion here. I'm going on a 2 week road trip out west beginning August 1st. The point of it is to see states I've never been to, see the great natural attractions the west has to offer (Grand Canyon, Big Sur, Rockies, etc.), and to visit a good friend in CA. I'll be staying in a hotel each night, but really most my trip will be in a car or outdoors.

Good idea?
I’d do it, personally. I would say it’s relatively low risk as far as vacations go. Sounds like fun! I might do something like that later in the year since I have some PTO I need to use and going out of the country seems to not be on the table this year.

Well alrighty. Sensitivity runs rampant
Lol yeah it's us.

Given the leash we have given those threads and the numerous warnings and rules laid out I would have expected a little bit of help back from the posters to say you know the staff is letting us have a tough discussion about life topics without censoring either side, I appreciate that and I will follow the loose rules laid out. Nope. Instead it's a bunch of grandstanding and posting everything under the sun to just irritate people who have an opposing view. I am personally tired of having to moderate it and I am tried of getting messages from posters who no longer want to visit this site because of those 2 threads.

I will gladly unlock the threads if someone can give me what value those threads bring to this board.

Thanks

Last edited:
Lol yeah it's us.

Given the leash we have given those threads and the numerous warnings and rules laid out I would have expected a little bit of help back from the posters to say you know the staff is letting us have a tough discussion about life topics without censoring either side, I appreciate that and I will follow the loose rules laid out. Nope. Instead it's a bunch of grandstanding and posting everything under the sun to just irritate people who have an opposing view. I am personally tired of having to moderate it and I am tried of getting messages from posters who no longer want to visit this site because of those 2 threads.

I will gladly unlock the threads if someone can give me what value those threads bring to this board.

Thanks
I like them gone. Just my opinion. Let’s get back to weather talk!

Lol yeah it's us.

Thanks
I feel a lot of us are frustrated and that’s a way to have conversations and let some of the stress out. Especially when weather is boring I’m on another weather board and it’s nonexistent pretty Much. I understand and respect you at least giving it a shot.

I feel a lot of us are frustrated and that’s a way to have conversations and let some of the stress out. Especially when weather is boring I’m on another weather board and it’s nonexistent pretty Much. I understand and respect you at least giving it a shot.
Who isn't frustrated in some capacity? We are living through tough times right now but that doesn't mean run to SouthernWx and make it a toilet for your thoughts then close the browser and go on about your day. I personally think a lot of the discussion in both threads are conversations representative of what certain segments of the population believe and feel and have no issue with that being voiced whether I agree or not. The issue lies in the fact that those beliefs are apparently setting off emotional responses from others which sends the entire thread down the tubes. A little more respect for others whether or not you agree with their stance, a little more recognition of just because you believe it doesn't mean someone else does, a little more empathy to help people understand why you feel the way you do instead of immediately dismissing them would go a long way in these threads. All I am asking is that you guys be respectful whether or not you agree or think someone is disconnected from reality, you never know, how you interact with them and the conversations you have here could actually be beneficial to someone and the people around them.

Last edited:
Who isn't frustrated in some capacity? We are living through tough times right now but that doesn't mean run to SouthernWx and make it a toilet for your thoughts then close the browser and go on about your day. I personally think a lot of the discussion in both threads are conversations representative of what certain segments of the population believe and feel and have no issue with that being voiced whether I agree or not. The issue lies in the fact that those beliefs are apparently setting off emotional responses from others which sends the entire thread down the tubes. A little more respect for others whether or not you agree with their stance, a little more recognition of just because you believe it doesn't mean someone else does, a little more empathy to help people understand why you feel the way you do instead of immediately dismissing them would go a long way in these threads. All I am asking is that you guys be respectful whether or not you agree or think someone is disconnected from reality, you never know, how you interact with them and the conversations you have here could actually be beneficial to someone and the people around them.

IOW, don’t be a s**t stirrer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back