• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think masks are here to stay in certain industries now. Especially places like food service, it'll be common place like gloves.

I also think they'll be a permanent fixture in hospitals.

I saw the chatter about gloves in the virus thread. I could not comment but it appears some companies are planning to start production here in America. We are 3rd leading supplier for Gloveworks in America. I never thought I would see 8mil Nitrile gloves at $20-$30 a box. We have been getting gloves in but are limiting amounts sold per order. Larges are the hardest to get it seems. Gloves is a booming business right now. We finally got in KN95 masks. Plenty of them. Though going quickly. The overall PPE business is unreal at this time. Never thought I would be in this type of business support.
Plenty of new millionaires in Malaysia now. Ive learned more about rubber and latex growth and manufacturing in the last 2 weeks than in my previous 36 years of living. It really sucks when products can't be grown domestically so that we can produce more within our borders and help ourselves out in times line this but here we are. Even if US based companies had the mfg processes and machinery to make gloves we would have to find an export source to bring the raw materials here for production. It does't help that governments have gotten involved in the market and are offering top dollar as well as some companies buying at a premium rate that weren't really in the game before that are trying to redistribute domestically. If you dig hard enough you can find containers on containers of gloves within in the US but the general asking price I've found these days is $90-150/cs. On the positive side it does look like the protection suit market is starting to show some signs of life again and 3/4ply masks are commonly available. A new issue we have hit is sanitizing wipes they are harder to find than gloves

Last edited:
Plenty of new millionaires in Malaysia now. Ive learned more about rubber and latex growth and manufacturing in the last 2 weeks than in my previous 36 years of living. It really sucks when products can't be grown domestically so that we can produce more within our borders and help ourselves out in times line this but here we are. Even if US based companies had the mfg processes and machinery to make gloves we would have to find an export source to bring the raw materials here for production. It does't help that governments have gotten involved in the market and are offering top dollar as well as some companies buying at a premium rate that weren't really in the game before that are trying to redistribute domestically. If you dig hard enough you can find containers on containers of gloves within in the US but the general asking price I've found these days is $90-150/cs. On the positive side it does look like the protection suit market is starting to show some signs of life again and 3/4ply masks are commonly available. A new issue we have hit is sanitizing wipes they are harder to find than gloves
Tyvex suits along with the touch less hand sanitizer stations are in high demand. Getting the dispensers are still hard but not as bad as it once was. Now batteries are going to be used heavily since it takes batteries to operate them. I expect a price increase in D batteries for certain. Of course the thermometer takes batteries also. We have several places buying the foggers now. Especially for buses.

Looks like there's a good shot that we're going to go to Gorges State Park if neither GA nor NC shut down again. I'm going to try to press it and see if I can make it happen near the end of the month or in early August.

9e8304443203eb2596e91a52b57bb376.jpg

Been out here since noon. Surrounded by empties and going in and out of the water. Wife went to get her hair cut so I asked her to get me a couple of four packs of Hell or High Watermelon.

I wear XXL gloves and size 13-14 shoes. I’m 6’2” 175. I’ll let it go at that.
I’m 6’7”, 280, xl gloves, giant f’ng hat, and size 16 shoe! My spawn is a little over 6’4”, 13 yo, size 16 shoe, hates fishing, projected to be 6’8”+:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back