• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any old Talk Weather people here?

✋ (idk if it was from the start though, it was late 2010-2016 when it shut down for a while)

There's more of us, I'd say this forum is a combo old TW people with American guys that were disgruntled with the way the forum was going. By the time TW was brought back up it was too late to get most of us to go back at least to me.

Wright Weather was the first weather forum I found. Then Almanac Weather forums and Accuweather forums. Then Eastern.

I got a bold prediction for winter 20-21 that is based off nothing but gut feeling:

At least 70-80% of this board will see 6+ inches of snow.
I Saw 2 videos tonight saying that a weak La Nina will develop. At least it will be different than the last two years. Not sure if there's much difference in a weak la nina or moderate though.

From the looks of it, I’m extremely new to weather boards. I lurked on American late 2018, I followed them during the December storm, and remembering how active they were. Then the crickets came, and I discovered this board last winter.

I started on TW in 2002.. I was 13 lol. I still lived in Alabama then and had never set foot in Texas

I remember EasternWX before AmWx too and some board The Weather Channel had which I remember being on in 2001(back when they aired weather...) my weather interest was going before we had internet, I remember drawing weather maps when I was bored in school in the mid/late 90s and everyone knew I was the weatherman(even the teachers lol), I was tracking hurricanes as far back as 1995 for sure(the big active year before 2005), and I vaguely remember the blizzard of 93 in Alabama

I turn 32 this month. Yikes. :p

Last edited:
I'm pretty much a lurker here with occasional posts but I started on talkweather too, just not sure on thr exact year. It was before April 27, 2011 because I vividly remember reading thr boards as it was happening so it had to be before then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back