• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone here ever cut their own hair? I never have but may consider doing so in a few months if need be. I figure I can always wear a dadgum cap if my haircut looks funny ?.

Has anyone here ever cut their own hair? I never have but may consider doing so in a few months if need be. I figure I can always wear a dadgum cap if my haircut looks funny ?.
I keep my hair cut very short. It's not going to be good in about another week for me.

IF College Football gets (gulp) cancelled because of the COVID-19, AND next winter is a completely dull and uneventful winter with nothing to track, this board might die. I remain hopeful that things start looking up in May and June especially.

I'm sort of already going a bit stir crazy. Although I've watched a few things today that are interesting, I also revisited my age 16-18 year old days a bit on Mario Kart Wii where I raced with hackers (on purpose), eventually hacked items (for the loss, but it wouldn't matter for most normal people), which is still on plenty of video on youtube, and used texture hacks/played CTs.

I still don't regret doing either, although I sometimes wonder about how I'd have done if I had mostly raced for real as I was beginning to really improve at that game when I chose my pathway, and as an adult, understand how most (outside of some exceptions) may have just been annoyed even if you were purposely losing. It's not something that I'd do now, in fact I haven't played on a game console for several years either.

I do now play mobile games though, mainly Mario Kart Tour right now. If anyone plays that on here, I've thought about releasing my friend code (there is one in there), but I'd need to alter my username because I put my last name there.

IF College Football gets (gulp) cancelled because of the COVID-19, AND next winter is a completely dull and uneventful winter with nothing to track, this board might die. I remain hopeful that things start looking up in May and June especially.

Don't even go there.. ?

Like I said before if we're still in this mess then we're gonna have bigger problems

I don’t agree. Look at how active the board is now with nothing to track and no sports. It is about as active as ever. There would be the numerous posts complaining about no snow as well as no sports in addition to the many posts about the virus. There’s be so many posts made just due to boredom as well as frustration.

There are going to be many issues with playing sports with fans even if we do get this thing under control, which I am assuming. Things to look for here for hope would be the Abbott tests, antibody tests, and seeing if we can begin to standardize a treatment or two.

I wouldn't say football is for sure in jeopardy yet, but it's in question and we may need to get lucky.

Fairbanks AK hit a -40 or colder every month from Dec through March. Not sure how often that happens..

I actually have cut mine now for like 5 or more years. Have my own hair trimmers. Pretty easy.

I don't think the board will die though regardless how long this goes on(although I am hoping we see some normalcy by late May and June), hurricane season is coming too(its early and nothing is ever set in stone but all signs look like it'll be active)

and like gawx said, people like to complain(hell I'm one of the worst ones lol) by August we'll be sick of summer...

Yep I buzz it all away once a month. For years now. 10 dollar hair trimmer saves a lot of money.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a weather game where you could play around with all the atmospheric conditions and see what type of result you get? Except it would be more scientific to where you edit the air pressure, H5 pattern, ocean temperatures, microclimate as your own model to see what you would need to make a super blizzard or hurricane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back