• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNGRS plz don’t waste time quoting my posts let’s unite and focus on the trolls

I’ve noticed Bilo has had limited toilet paper 3 days in a row. Pleanty of all types of meat. Wonder if they are not putting All toilet paper out on one day so it looks better. People not as anxious if they start seeing it on shelves. (Went 3 days in row to get medicine for son who We think has strep but there are no swabs for a test. Doctor wouldn’t even see him. Said treat the pain. So over the counter treatment for 3 days and he is some better without antibiotics. Went other days to get groceries for myself and our neighbors. When limited to how much you can get at once have to make several trips.

Pulling this here as it's off topic. Definitely different circumstances from back then but whoa. Because the first time I had strep throat, I was so sick for a couple days. I couldn't really swallow anything solid. For that case a little over 12 years ago, turning me away would've been nuts even in special circumstances.

I might have actually been at the worst those days though and about to trend down. My dad had blown it off as a cold and for about a week, maybe a little over, nothing happened. Eventually it manifested as the most swollen my throat has ever been and on the first day it was a big issue I was hysterical at night in tears. Two rounds of antibiotics knocked it out (that paired with while my throat was a wreck, I had no fever, probably does allude to my illness being at it's worst in those days), but of course, youngster me forgot to take the last dose. So, my throat started getting sore again. Grandpa prescribed me the same antibiotic (he was a doctor, something I think I've said here before), and then I don't remember what happened after that exactly, outside of an embarrassing side effect that happened to me (I think twice).

As y'all can see with what I've said here and before, my dad is...different with health issues. While he does buy global warming/climate change (this is in relation to something I saw a while ago now), with health issues he's long pumped "avoid the doctor unless you REALLY need one". He's not a no vaccinations parent ("Parents that don't vaccinate their children are committing a crime"), but he's so much for avoiding the doctor that unless I needed a vaccine or was as ill as I was with strep throat, I was not going to the doctor as a child.

To be honest, so far, I can't say that I haven't been continuing to follow that idea, although I've ended up in the pattern of a stupid habit with my ears that's placed me in urgent care more often than I would wish (though the last time I was there was thankfully 5 months ago...but I'll probably end up there again as soon as restrictions get softened).

when will he understand he posts nothing of importance in weather or corona and just causes everyone to read over it I mean how many times does u he post in banter where it belongs that’s what I thought flks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back