• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to chime in here, and backup my snow packed chicken brother Burns. Granted, he’s a former high school principle and some/many of you saw that heavy hand over at American. I only got the opportunity to chase with him once, NW VA and around 17-18” on the farm. Fraz and I connected for a second chase a couple years later without JB at the same spot with 27-28” consensus. NESIS 3 and 4 respectively.

Late Eastern, Lookout and I were pretty liberal. Prime time model threads the content was heavy, input fast and well executed from a mod & met standpoint.

Then came American after Vortmax shut down the Eastern server without notice, transition was quick and fast, using Facebook and twitter for notice after the fact, as well as a few other spinoffs, dabenchmark in particular.

Decision was made to split to regional subs, early on the SE was the place to be, content from Mets was high with wide latitude, something from a pro content side Southern still lacks. It’s a function of the pro Mets, Brad, Larry, Dave, Allan, DT and many others moving to platforms which touch a larger audience.

Over the first few years, content especially in the subs and during periods of inactivity was wide open and top shelf. I moderated the MA and SNE during Sandy and that was a ---- show with 1000’s of users in the respective threads, refresh and are pages behind, somewhat simaler to the Eastern days with main side model run specific.

BE and JB came in with less tolerance, did that drive users from posting absolutely. To be honest, it drove me away in some regards too. I did ban Wilkes 3 times across the same number of IPs, even at times using forensic data based on his snow maps. Something Southern has yet to do.

I’ve got a ton of respect for SD and CR for what they have done here, it’s my go to platform and at the same time respect Webber, even though we are injecting twitter posts from other Mets we used to have a guided discussion with.

Miller

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back