• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a business idea where customers can fly drones into hurricane and when done can crash them into ocean that will act as a trash cleanup or food provider etc with government subsidies maybe when no hurricane just fly over ocean anyway and let them crash it when done for views etc

So I usually don’t post about my life or personal things on here. Usually I just post about the weather going on around my area. Something I may have stated before is how great my love for the weather is.

I am only 17 right now, but will be turning 18 on August 28th. I graduated high school back in May and had been working on plans for college as early as last summer. With my love for the weather in mind I realized the best thing for me is to go after my passion. So I looked for colleges that would be able to suit that desire. One college that I found that immediately enticed me was the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma.

Long story short, I applied there last fall and got accepted. So here I am now having moved in and planning to major in meteorology. I am going after my dream and looking forward to the future that awaits me.

I am also very excited to see what kind of crazy weather I might see while I am here.

So I usually don’t post about my life or personal things on here. Usually I just post about the weather going on around my area. Something I may have stated before is how great my love for the weather is.

I am only 17 right now, but will be turning 18 on August 28th. I graduated high school back in May and had been working on plans for college as early as last summer. With my love for the weather in mind I realized the best thing for me is to go after my passion. So I looked for colleges that would be able to suit that desire. One college that I found that immediately enticed me was the University of Oklahoma in Norman, Oklahoma.

Long story short, I applied there last fall and got accepted. So here I am now having moved in and planning to major in meteorology. I am going after my dream and looking forward to the future that awaits me.

I am also very excited to see what kind of crazy weather I might see while I am here.
That's great dude. I'm turning 18 this November and starting my senior year of HS on Monday. Applying to places soon.

Awesome my friend. Good luck and be safe! You will see more storms and snow then us so enjoy!

Dude that is awesome, good luck and by all means keep us updated!

Spackling holes, dents, and divots in the kitchen, staircase stairwell, and den. Tomorrow morning is sanding, wiping, and painting. The wife has the week off and has decided that those three areas are getting painted. Two different colors. Oh yeah, also have to use KILZ over the older darker paint.

Kill. Me. Now. Please.

You and my oldest daughter are the same age. She turned 18 on August 6. She also graduated back in May.

Congratulations to you!!

My daughter was supposed to go to Alabama this month. She decided a month ago not to attend due to CoVid. She’s going to be doing community college this year and going next fall I guess.

Want to chime in here, and backup my snow packed chicken brother Burns. Granted, he’s a former high school principle and some/many of you saw that heavy hand over at American. I only got the opportunity to chase with him once, NW VA and around 17-18” on the farm. Fraz and I connected for a second chase a couple years later without JB at the same spot with 27-28” consensus. NESIS 3 and 4 respectively.

Late Eastern, Lookout and I were pretty liberal. Prime time model threads the content was heavy, input fast and well executed from a mod & met standpoint.

Then came American after Vortmax shut down the Eastern server without notice, transition was quick and fast, using Facebook and twitter for notice after the fact, as well as a few other spinoffs, dabenchmark in particular.

Decision was made to split to regional subs, early on the SE was the place to be, content from Mets was high with wide latitude, something from a pro content side Southern still lacks. It’s a function of the pro Mets, Brad, Larry, Dave, Allan, DT and many others moving to platforms which touch a larger audience.

Over the first few years, content especially in the subs and during periods of inactivity was wide open and top shelf. I moderated the MA and SNE during Sandy and that was a poop show with 1000’s of users in the respective threads, refresh and are pages behind, somewhat simaler to the Eastern days with main side model run specific.

BE and JB came in with less tolerance, did that drive users from posting absolutely. To be honest, it drove me away in some regards too. I did ban Wilkes 3 times across the same number of IPs, even at times using forensic data based on his snow maps. Something Southern has yet to do.

I’ve got a ton of respect for SD and CR for what they have done here, it’s my go to platform and at the same time respect Webber, even though we are injecting twitter posts from other Mets we used to have a guided discussion with.

Miller
ok that good in all but southernwx isn’t taking any volunteer mod positions right now they are full

You and my oldest daughter are the same age. She turned 18 on August 6. She also graduated back in May.

Congratulations to you!!

My daughter was supposed to go to Alabama this month. She decided a month ago not to attend due to CoVid. She’s going to be doing community college this year and going next fall I guess.
Alabama ? Sweet , she sounds like she is trying to party hard ?. If I had to redo it all I would have went to comm college first but I’m 3 years deep into state now .

Spackling holes, dents, and divots in the kitchen, staircase stairwell, and den. Tomorrow morning is sanding, wiping, and painting. The wife has the week off and has decided that those three areas are getting painted. Two different colors. Oh yeah, also have to use KILZ over the older darker paint.

Kill. Me. Now. Please.
I’ve been painting a lot also. I learned never put Kilz on spackle on the ceiling. It bleeds thru. Ceilings are already a pain to paint. After 5 coats it’s covered. Actually Kilz on any spackle.

Want to chime in here, and backup my snow packed chicken brother Burns. Granted, he’s a former high school principle and some/many of you saw that heavy hand over at American. I only got the opportunity to chase with him once, NW VA and around 17-18” on the farm. Fraz and I connected for a second chase a couple years later without JB at the same spot with 27-28” consensus. NESIS 3 and 4 respectively.

Late Eastern, Lookout and I were pretty liberal. Prime time model threads the content was heavy, input fast and well executed from a mod & met standpoint.

Then came American after Vortmax shut down the Eastern server without notice, transition was quick and fast, using Facebook and twitter for notice after the fact, as well as a few other spinoffs, dabenchmark in particular.

Decision was made to split to regional subs, early on the SE was the place to be, content from Mets was high with wide latitude, something from a pro content side Southern still lacks. It’s a function of the pro Mets, Brad, Larry, Dave, Allan, DT and many others moving to platforms which touch a larger audience.

Over the first few years, content especially in the subs and during periods of inactivity was wide open and top shelf. I moderated the MA and SNE during Sandy and that was a poop show with 1000’s of users in the respective threads, refresh and are pages behind, somewhat simaler to the Eastern days with main side model run specific.

BE and JB came in with less tolerance, did that drive users from posting absolutely. To be honest, it drove me away in some regards too. I did ban Wilkes 3 times across the same number of IPs, even at times using forensic data based on his snow maps. Something Southern has yet to do.

I’ve got a ton of respect for SD and CR for what they have done here, it’s my go to platform and at the same time respect Webber, even though we are injecting twitter posts from other Mets we used to have a guided discussion with.

Miller
Thanks for this post. I'll say a couple of words about Burns. He and I probably agree 5% politically. And we've have our share of back and forths at AmPol. But I've met him and eaten with him on more than one occasion, and I can say that he is a nice guy and a class act. Maybe his moderation style is not favorable to some, but I genuinely like the guy. He's served his community well and has battled a lot of physical issues. While I don't care for his political ideology (and sometimes his moderation style), I have plenty of respect for him.

And I appreciate Eastern and AmWx for what they were. I don't like how cliques are encouraged and how blatant favoritism is shown and grudges are held. But I guess that's why there are successful alternatives, like this place, which contrary to recent comments, is worlds apart in style and atmosphere.

Alabama ? Sweet , she sounds like she is trying to party hard . If I had to redo it all I would have went to comm college first but I’m 3 years deep into state now .

I would have gone to State but the only two pretty coeds were studying abroad.

Congrats on this. And best of luck to you. It is a great thing to do what you love. I wish you all the best and hope that you still stay connected to us!

Good sh*t boi, go chase them Nader wedges for me man while your there ! Good stuff tho
Man !

That's awesome man congrats! Don't forget about us and invite your future friends and classmates to the site

I checked the drought monitor, and it still shows areas of abnormally dry (particularly in Georgia). Apparently not everyone is scoring this summer

Congrats and haha you're gonna love the weather ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back