• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020 Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you find a good builder. Have a few options on style and size before hand. Remember if you want a 300k house it will be 350k at the end.
A friend of mine is having a house built. I think they started in January, Covid is really taking a toll on the time line , in addition to the ridiculous amount of rain we had from January-June. I think they are like 4 months behind schedule or so

Been kicking the tires on buying since land and having a house built. I've heard the process can be miserable anyone had any experience?
Also do your research on the land! I’ve seen a lot of land around Greenville get developed that was said to be unsuitable or impossible to build on, due to wildlife preserves, and etc, and commercial popping up around houses. Just do respect, as best you can, make sure you can even have a septic tank put in, just don’t buy most land for the cheapest price!

Also do your research on the land! I’ve seen a lot of land around Greenville get developed that was said to be unsuitable or impossible to build on, due to wildlife preserves, and etc, and commercial popping up around houses. Just do respect, as best you can, make sure you can even have a septic tank put in, just don’t buy most land for the cheapest price!
Yeah man I plan to be super picky and thorough. It's hard to find a single acre or 2 for sale around here everything is lumped together in these mega tracts for development.

Yeah man I plan to be super picky and thorough. It's hard to find a single acre or 2 for sale around here everything is lumped together in these mega tracts for development.
Same way around here. You can but plots in neighborhoods but if you want 1-2 it’s almost impossible. As they say 10 acres is worth more then 1.

Earliest snow on record here is September 26th, where I think most of my area got an inch or two! That would be insane! Most years in Greenville, I could’ve even get a frost by Thanksgiving

You could always wish

Earliest snow on record here is September 26th, where I think most of my area got an inch or two! That would be insane! Most years in Greenville, I could’ve even get a frost by Thanksgiving
In 7 weeks you "could" have your first flakes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back