• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

With the epac getting storms currently..Atlantic usually follows 1-2 weeks. I expect 2-4 more storms in August.

It's really digging in behind the lead feature.....that may influence its longevity and direction.

ScreenshotCapture_2020_08_11_09_52_56_762.jpg

Not really especially when you don’t have a legit tc to work with. Low grade tropical cyclones and tropical waves rarely if ever go easily out to sea before late September unless we’re in an El Niño where the westerlies are stronger and deeper than usual
True but I think it’s stronger than they say and will get stronger to recurve. Later in the season it does look bad for Gulf of Mexico IMO and western Caribbean.

True but I think it’s stronger than they say and will get stronger to recurve. Later in the season it does look bad for Gulf of Mexico IMO and western Caribbean.
There’s a massive TUTT axis in the sw Atlantic due to the eastern Pacific forcing, opening up into a wave axis or substantial weakening is basically a given at this point.

Recent GEFS and EPS runs continue to suggest that the Atlantic basin will other than for TD11, which will likely struggle with shear as it moves into the W ATL basin, be pretty quiet through the next 2 weeks while the E PAC is quite busy. As Webb sort of alluded to, there is somewhat of a correlation of a busy E Pac to a relatively quiet Atlantic. Not hard and fast but more of a tendency. Remember that Epac cane that later came close to Hawaii was as I recall a time when it was still relatively busy in the ATL. So far from a hard and fast rule.

So, other than TD11 unexpectedly getting out of hand, enjoy the quiet while we have it as Webb has said.

Last edited:
Recent GEFS and EPS runs continue to suggest that the Atlantic basin will other than for TD11, which will likely struggle with shear as it moves into the W ATL basin, be pretty quiet through the next 2 weeks while the E PAC is quite busy. As Webb sort of alluded to, there is somewhat of a correlation of a busy E Pac to a relatively quiet Atlantic. Not hard and fast but more of a tendency. Remember that Epac cane that later came close to Hawaii was as I recall a time when it was still relatively busy in the ATL. So far from a hard and fast rule.

So, other than TD11 unexpectedly getting out of hand, enjoy the quiet while we have it as Webb has said.

yeah I'm definitely taking advantage of the quiet because I know it's not gonna last

Yeah because starting around August 25th or so, yikes...

1597223714928.png

Back