• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

So true, waiting on the local weather guys to talk about the sunny skies outbreak this weekend.
I don't disagree that the environment will probably support tropical cyclone development. I hope we don't have to hear about any more covid canes or megasuperduper hurricane cluster bombs or the like.

It's 2020. We need to be as extreme and alarmist-sounding as we can.
Yeah because this is totally unbridled alarmism when the Atlantic has produced a record number of tropical cyclones and top 10 ACE thru early August. Did you even bother to read NOAA’s or CSU’s latest hurricane outlooks?

Yeah because this is totally unbridled alarmism when the Atlantic has produced a record number of tropical cyclones and top 10 ACE thru early August. Did you even bother to read NOAA’s or CSU’s latest hurricane outlooks?
I have no problem at all with data presentation or acknowledging the pace we're on. It's amazing to watch, actually. I'm merely talking about the language that is being used to describe things. A hurricane outbreak is most definitely a 2020 way of describing things.

I have no problem at all with data presentation or acknowledging the pace we're on. It's amazing to watch, actually. I'm merely talking about the language that is being used to describe things. A hurricane outbreak is most definitely a 2020 way of describing things.

It's totally valid language imo to describe what's probably coming down the pipe in several weeks. Climatologically, it's our most active time of the year, but this year is likely to be much more active than climo during the peak of the season

Yahoo News also just published an article on the ongoing Atlantic Hurricane Season, and yours truly (me) is in it .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weather-experts-issue-most-threatening-024100977.html

The same article was also published in CBS News, insane to see my name on CBS News (again).
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurricane-season-2020-forecast-extremely-active-24-named-storms/

Here's another one from a few weeks ago:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hurric...5VOoZlQmfQsuP3_UkWfnr0b2KDCvv5JnCsN_KaB_rO1B0

Just to put things into perspective, CSU has been issuing hurricane season forecasts for a very long time (since the 1980s and Bill Gray started a lot of this work back in the early 1980s), this year is the most aggressive one they've produced to date, 2005 being the previous record holder. It's pretty insane.

Just to put things into perspective, CSU has been issuing hurricane season forecasts for a very long time (since the 1980s and Bill Gray started a lot of this work back in the early 1980s), this year is the most aggressive one they've produced to date, 2005 being the previous record holder. It's pretty insane.

We have a lot more blocking nowadays so think 2005 on roids without the recurves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could this be a situation where everything looks perfect for a blockbuster, apocalyptic pattern for hurricanes, then something goes wrong and it doesn’t happen? Like our blockbuster winter patterns that show up on models, but never materialize?

Could this be a situation where everything looks perfect for a blockbuster, apocalyptic pattern for hurricanes, then something goes wrong and it doesn’t happen? Like our blockbuster winter patterns that show up on models, but never materialize?

I hope so or we are screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back