• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Tropical 2020 Atlantic Hurricane Season Discussion

Still going up... damn
View attachment 46080
27 named storms
15 hurricanes
7 majors
ACE rating 250

IN 2005, CSU did the same in August, raising their forecast
From 15 named storms to 22
From 8 hurricanes to 9 hurricanes
From 4 majors to 5 majors

Why?
Persistent high pressure over southeastern US
Northeastward displacement and amplification of the ITCZ over the eastern Pacifc
Above average sea surface temps in the Gulf of Mexico
These factors reduced vertical shear
High pressure area steered storms into the Gulf
ENSO was in neutral phase
The loop current, typically in the Yucatan Peninsula, propagated northward, enhancing ocean heat content to all 3 hurricanes and was partially responsible for extreme intensities.

EURO hanging with ICON to this spot.....scary aligned....weekend into next week...

View attachment 46091
This is the threat for development I’d be more worried about. The GFS western Caribbean and Gulf crap is not only further out but just complete garbage. Never trust the LR GFS when it spins up TCs off S America convection especially when it’s alone in that solution.

This is the threat for development I’d be more worried about. The GFS western Caribbean and Gulf crap is not only further out but just complete garbage. Never trust the LR GFS when it spins up TCs off S America convection especially when it’s alone in that solution.

Icon sniffed out Isias pretty early.
We will see if it hits again.

Not sure which energy the icon is hinting at. If it's the spin down at 30W or the new wave by the cape verdes

Attachments

• 20200805_200151.jpg
    20200805_200151.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 17
I’ve never heard of a hurricane outbreak. Have we had one before? Just curious if that wording has been used before.
I’m probably not the one to answer this question but someone did find a map that finds matching analogs to the pattern thats set to occur. I see some worrisome years in there.

Back