• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help please!!! I’ve got $350 in Amazon gift cards and I’m going to buy my first home weather station. I’ve been researching and every station has good and bad reviews of course, it’s great or it’s a piece of junk. Do I spend $330 or $135. I’m not interested in sending data to websites etc, just want to know what’s happening in my back yard. Can someone just tell me what to buy please?
The Tempest looks great. Brad P recommends it, although idk if he's paid to do so.

Just think man.. 88 with a dew point of 72 and an MCS driving SE out of Ohio / WV / Kentucky.

View attachment 76759
Let me specify that, imagine one/its ofb entering the NC mountains at 12pm, we’re sunny with a few CU, mid level LRs around 7C, SBcape 3000+, some shear in the mid levels, DCAPE over 1000kgs ?

This place is in pre summer mode already lol, winter has either satisfied lots of folks or destroyed and pushed away lots of folks
Those in the TN Valley and western areas of the Southeast are satisfied, along with the mountain folks. Those of us east of the mountains are destroyed.

This place is in pre summer mode already lol, winter has either satisfied lots of folks or destroyed and pushed away lots of folks

I got surprise snow last week so yes, bring on spring, hope it doesn't get too warm though, it's gotten in the upper 80s in early March in a couple of recent years.

By February 15th I'm ready for spring unless there's a winter storm on the horizon, and outside of flurries, a ULL, or a freak superstore, we don't get those down here.

Grab some donuts or floating chair things with beer holders and float out on to lake Jordan . That’s what I do! Good time !
Oh, I’m not a summer hater or anything. I’ll have a fun time regardless and personally I don’t let the heat stop me from doing anything. I got used to sweating in FL, LOL.

60s and 70s are where it’s at, though. Unfortunately, as it’s no longer the 1980s and patterns don’t work anymore we usually jump straight to 80s/90s now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back