• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the GFS ends up right that is a pretty solid start to winter in the upper Midwest. Gotta build that snow pack up there to send the cold down our way. Although there’s no guarantee it would all stick around at this time of year.
Capture.JPG

Right where I like to see it.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_38.png

Crazy thing is, I could see this happening cause of models has been showing this possibility for almost a week now
The only thing is that it is not even Halloween yet and to see snow that far south at this time of year is very rare. If it was about 2-3 weeks later I would think it could be possible, but for now I can’t view it as anything more then voodoo.

Hmmm... GEFS is making it hard for me to not be intrigued about next week. That’s quite a few members showing or close to showing wintry precipitation around me.View attachment 50610
Unfortunately, the GEFS on COD only had 20 members. Here are the 30 members if you're interested.ezgif-3-2e4aff639f11.gifgfs-ensemble-all-avg-scentus-snow_total_multimember_panel-3886400.pnggfs-ensemble-all-avg-scentus-total_snow_10to1-3886400.png

This ain't much but the first gefs run that shows couple members in MS/Al. Got to start somewhere and maybe it will increase in the future
GEFSSE_prec_snens_246.png

Any way to tell If any of them were showing IP or ZR. The GEFS has quite a few members showing some and I almost feel like it may be more likely then snow if I see anything at all.
There is no precipitation depiction parameter, but from my memory, the EPS products are really good at getting rid of the IP/ZR on their snow maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back