• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo I’m 20-30% optimistic that we can squeeze out some snowflakes (non accumulating) with wave one but wave 2 not so much, look at this point I just want to see snow fall
With a positive PNA, a possibly negative NAO/AO and a strong subtropical jet I'm confident something else will materialize down the road.

With a positive PNA, a possibly negative NAO/AO and a strong subtropical jet I'm confident something else will materialize down the road.

Maybe in January if the PV shifts back to this hemisphere.

Right now just a PNA ain't cold enough IMO. Need a tall ridge over Alaska for an -EPO to push real cold down here. First week of December will be super cool rain outside of mountains I think without it.

Imo I’m 20-30% optimistic that we can squeeze out some snowflakes (non accumulating) with wave one but wave 2 not so much, look at this point I just want to see snow fall
Same, I think the upper south west of the Apps, as well as northern AL/GA have a much better shot at flakes. I don't think wave 1 has a chance to do much over central/eastern NC. I just want to see a flurry, around here that's a win for December because the majority of Decembers here don't have any snow at all. Despite December 2017/2018 (the former of which sucked here), I still think January-February is a much more climatologically favored window around here.

I have no scientific basis here, but I just feel like wave 1 could start trending really good soon. This is entirely wishful thinking probably, idk just a gut feeling

I have no scientific basis here, but I just feel like wave 1 could start trending really good soon. This is entirely wishful thinking probably, idk just a gut feeling
If it keeps going the way it is right now I like my chances of a flake but I’m trying not to get my hopes up I’ve seen how it turns out to many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back