• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should probably create a frost tracking thread so we can track and post photos, predictions, etc. about our frosts since we never have any snow to track. At least frost happens tens of times throughout the winter, so when they bust it isn’t a catastrophe. I need to transition to a frost weenie.

I should probably create a frost tracking thread so we can track and post photos, predictions, etc. about our frosts since we never have any snow to track. At least frost happens tens of times throughout the winter, so when they bust it isn’t a catastrophe. I need to transition to a frost weenie.
Since I changed work schedules, and get up early now, I've become a 'frost weenie' for sure. They're nice, except for the windshield scraping crap.

Since I changed work schedules, and get up early now, I've become a 'frost weenie' for sure. They're nice, except for the windshield scraping crap.
I’m WFH now because of Covid, so I don’t deal with frost much anymore, but I had a MEGAFROST last Tuesday when I had an 8AM dentist appointment, and it was quite a difficult one to scrape, for sure. Not super fun to scrape, but I guess it’s the frost weenie’s equivalent to the snow weenie’s driveway shoveling, and it’s definitely easier than shoveling the driveway. ?

I'm confused, how is the cold that we've been forecasting since the end of December to show up in the last 2 weeks of January showing up on the GFS? You mean I was supposed to look at the synoptic pattern and not only look at model runs for MBY? I thought teleconnections, blocking, and h5 trends were useless and made up; the models are the only tools forecasters use. Guess I have a lot to learn about weather... maybe I'll post less since I get a bit emotional over model runs, which I'm now realizing are a only a part of forecasting. IDK how Mets do it.

Updating the profanity filter best of luck later today ?

So in highschool (2002) I changed the dictionary in Word on my teacher's computer to replace words.

I'll never forget the pure look of disdain he had for us when everytime he typed "the" it became "NO".

I-20 corridor Georgia and basically all of South Carolina are well overdue for a significant S/IP/FR event.

2021-01-13_10-39-17-jpg.65490

This will be my last post to you since we can't agree to disagree. You act like you are above everyone on here and their opinion doesn't matter. And I'll say what I'm sure some on here think. You don't exactly have the best track record yourself. I've seen people with far less knowledge do just as good. Good day sir. And for the record I hope your right and I'm wrong. Time will tell. Good day sir.
As I tell everyone else, sit back and learn from him. He has more knowledge than me and you and everyone on this board has. I learn not to open my mouth especially when someone proves me wrong. I have alot of respect for Webb, he has tough alot if not the whole board something over the years. I love learning from him and others.

I-20 corridor Georgia and basically all of South Carolina are well overdue for a significant S/IP/FR event.

2021-01-13_10-39-17-jpg.65490
What's interesting about this map is that it shows that part of the deep south, mainly east Texas through LA and Miss, actually got a good snow out of a 'crap' pattern, much like other parts of the US South did in previous years. Chattanooga in Feb 2020, those Dec snows for Alabama and Georgia of 2017-18... and Jan 18 for NC. Now middle Alabama through SC/Columbia south has been screwed. But it still snows in the South, even with marginally cold Winters...

What's interesting about this map is that it shows that part of the deep south, mainly east Texas through LA and Miss, actually got a good snow out of a 'crap' pattern, much like other parts of the US South did in previous years. Chattanooga in Feb 2020, those Dec snows for Alabama and Georgia of 2017-18... and Jan 18 for NC. Now middle Alabama through SC/Columbia south has been screwed. But it still snows in the South, even with marginally cold Winters...
We haven't had a decent (6-8") snow event near where I am along I-20 corridor since idk, like 2011 or so. The big snow from a few years ago literally was rain for us but drive NW 15 miles, lots of snow. North GA down to the north ATL suburbs usually do OK. South of I-20 not so much.

We haven't had a decent (6-8") snow event near where I am along I-20 corridor since idk, like 2011 or so. The big snow from a few years ago literally was rain for us but drive NW 15 miles, lots of snow. North GA down to the north ATL suburbs usually do OK. South of I-20 not so much.
Haven’t had a good one since 14. Sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back