• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm how do I get into said quarry, just park at the state park and cross the Eno mountain road to the quarry?
It’s the remains of the old quarry. It’s near the trail that goes around the mountain there, and you can climb up pretty close to where the overlook over the cliff of the mountain is. I don’t know if I explained they well, LOL.

It’s the remains of the old quarry. It’s near the trail that goes around the mountain there, and you can climb up pretty close to where the overlook over the cliff of the mountain is. I don’t know if I explained they well, LOL.
Ohhh I thought you meant the active quarry nearby lol! Yeah no imma climb down the side next time .

Ohhh I thought you meant the active quarry nearby lol! Yeah no imma climb down the side next time .
Haha, nope, not that!

The 99-00 winter wasn't so bad.
That’s an interesting winter, though, because outside of a 1-2 week window of glory in late January 2000 (four wintry events in something like 12 days, including the famed Carolina Crusher), it was a pretty irredeemably terrible winter. Just goes to show one storm/one wintry period can make or break a winter around here.

If I had my choice of a storm it would be a February 2014 redux with a legendary CAD that reached eastern Alabama and @GaWx house down in Savannah. I'll take about 4" inches of front end snow and sleet followed by .33" freezing rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back