• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the pattern is worthless. It doesn't matter. Even if we get one that is supposed to be great for snow here it most likely still won't produce. At the same time, we could end up getting lucky and getting a big storm in a pattern that really isn't supposed to be good for snow here. It's just a crapshoot. Just look at the models and see if they show a storm inside 5 days and then MAYBE we'll have a storm that will work out. But worrying so much about the specific pattern is just a waste of time. Maybe we could have a thread specifically for pattern discussions for those that want to torture themselves, and a thread just for model runs.

Looking at the pattern is worthless. It doesn't matter. Even if we get one that is supposed to be great for snow here it most likely still won't produce. At the same time, we could end up getting lucky and getting a big storm in a pattern that really isn't supposed to be good for snow here. It's just a crapshoot. Just look at the models and see if they show a storm inside 5 days and then MAYBE we'll have a storm that will work out. But worrying so much about the specific pattern is just a waste of time. Maybe we could have a thread specifically for pattern discussions for those that want to torture themselves, and a thread just for model runs.
Dude what ?? looking at a pattern is not torturing yourself, theres more to a pattern then snow, everything is not about snow, it’s a learning experience for different things, everything is not about snow brick, relax, there’s many other aspects of a pattern that’s truly fascinating and can give you a base, it’s not gonna produce everytime

I am more excited than ever for Severe weather season in the Spring. Over the last several years, probably because I have got used to never seeing Winter weather down here in the Midlands of SC, I have learned to enjoy Spring. I used to hate it, cause it was the end of my favorite season (Winter). Looking forward to chasing some supercells this year.

I didn't realize Brick hacked your account today.
Let's bring this to the wamby thread. Where is my analysis incorrect? The 15th thru the 25th look like more of the exact same thing to me. Average temps and needing a lot of luck to get a storm. I'm just not seeing any real cold for this region. So instead of hitting me with a huh emoji or a one liner how about show me some data to back up your claim that the 15th thru the 25th looks so great. Its the 13th, we should be seeing this show in modeling now.

Let's bring this to the wamby thread. Where is my analysis incorrect? The 15th thru the 25th look like more of the exact same thing to me. Average temps and needing a lot of luck to get a storm. I'm just not seeing any real cold for this region. So instead of hitting me with a huh emoji or a one liner how about show me some data to back up your claim that the 15th thru the 25th looks so great. Its the 13th, we should be seeing this show in modeling now.

You always need a lot of luck to get a storm, an amazeballs pattern loaded w/ cold air really doesn't change that.

I'll hit you w/ one liners as much as I want. I really don't feel like putting in the time & effort to respond to crap like this because the same people always have something negative to say regardless of how good or bad things are going.

Dude what ?? looking at a pattern is not torturing yourself, theres more to a pattern then snow, everything is not about snow, it’s a learning experience for different things, everything is not about snow brick, relax, there’s many other aspects of a pattern that’s truly fascinating and can give you a base, it’s not gonna produce everytime

It is all about the snow. That's the only good thing that can happen in winter. I don't care about how great a pattern supposedly is for snow around here if it doesn't produce snow. That's the only thing that matters. There just seems to be a lot of talk about how great the pattern is supposed to be but nothing to show for it, and it happens more and more every winter.

It is all about the snow. That's the only good thing that can happen in winter. I don't care about how great a pattern supposedly is for snow around here if it doesn't produce snow. That's the only thing that matters. There just seems to be a lot of talk about how great the pattern is supposed to be but nothing to show for it, and it happens more and more every winter.
Honest post and I can’t disagree. It’s all about snow.

You'd be surprised how much we've completely screwed up even better patterns like this in the past & came away w/ next-to-nothing. Save a couple rare cases, people are only going to remember the successes of the past and failures of the present.

c958538c4aefc9635cee011eb36b98a3.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You always need a lot of luck to get a storm, an amazeballs pattern loaded w/ cold air really doesn't change that.

I'll hit you w/ one liners as much as I want. I really don't feel like putting in the time & effort to respond to crap like this because the same people always have something negative to say regardless of how good or bad things are going.

This will be my last post to you since we can't agree to disagree. You act like you are above everyone on here and their opinion doesn't matter. And I'll say what I'm sure some on here think. You don't exactly have the best track record yourself. I've seen people with far less knowledge do just as good. Good day sir. And for the record I hope your right and I'm wrong. Time will tell. Good day sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back