• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the models are overdoing the -NAO then we could get a nice fat southeastern ridge . With a -EPO dumping cold out west with a -PNA such a pattern would have potential for high amplification meaning a mega death southeast ridge . Not your run of the mill SER! Only need that NAO block to weaken tho not looking like it will lol.

Fwiw, here's a composite of Januarys w/ -AO/-NAO/-PNA/-EPO.

View attachment 65371

View attachment 65372

Even though it's super early in the record, Jan 1929 might be the best match of the bunch & it was a complete dud snow-wise here in NC even for the mtns, only a few flurries fell at the end of the month in the far N piedmont. :(

I guess moral of the story is even w/ an amazing pattern like this snow is still far from guaranteed. Still have to get lucky synoptically

View attachment 65373

tenor.gif

Still waiting for low level cold to get in here in less than 10 days away. Still not there. I'm hopeful a 50/50 low on roids can do it but I don't know.

View attachment 65361
A 50/50 will provide confluence and promote to suppression. We need some arctic highs.

A 50/50 will provide confluence and promote to suppression. We need some arctic highs.

Yeah, seems like once we get the epo we can get them to drift in the Midwest at least.

I just look at the end of the month with just a big question mark. Some positives, some negatives. And it seems to be cold only at the end of the runs. I dunno.

Yeah, seems like once we get the epo we can get them to drift in the Midwest at least.

I just look at the end of the month with just a big question mark. Some positives, some negatives. And it seems to be cold only at the end of the runs. I dunno.

At least there are some paths to winter weather, unlike there would be if we had a raging SE ridge. We're in our coldest part of the year and there's at least a few ways we can maximize that. But I'm not seeing any sort of a blockbuster pattern yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back