• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always knew it was weird like in the early 90s, would be 45 degrees with a pretty steady wind, wind chill would be 18, just didn’t feel that cold but I wasn’t arguing with science.

I'm not sure if you or anybody else remembers this in the 90s, but you could send in a request via mail to the weather channel and they would send you back a paperpack weather educational book. The windchill chart is the one thing that stood out to me the most because it was so ridiculous.

Last edited:
I'm stepping away from this crap for awhile. At 120 hours on the GFS, 850's look good, surface never cools down = rain. Can't get the surface to chill for crap these days. Can't get below freezing...no real cold air around. It sucks in Atlanta for many reasons, but lack of winter is a big one.

I'm stepping away from this crap for awhile. At 120 hours on the GFS, 850's look good, surface never cools down = rain. Can't get the surface to chill for crap these days. Can't get below freezing...no real cold air around. It sucks in Atlanta for many reasons, but lack of winter is a big one.
No low level cold air feed into the SE. Have to rely on dynamics for favored areas. The model could be wrong, though.

Nobody's bringing out the pitchforks. Come on. There are no one size fits all answers in the weather world, and this notion of you can't debate someone labeled a meteorologist, as has been intimated here a few times today, is preposterous.
Perhaps the greatest debate I have ever seen was when LC didn't think CAD areas would get ice. I think his notorious comment was hoping we got an inch of ice and a major ice storm happened after that lol. Where is he to wish a foot of snow on here? ❄☃

Perhaps the greatest debate I have ever seen was when LC didn't think CAD areas would get ice. I think his notorious comment was hoping we got an inch of ice and a major ice storm happened after that lol. Where is he to wish a foot of snow on here? ❄☃
CADs don’t exist anymore. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back