• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is people start believing these clown maps that have no chance of verifying. Clown maps should be banned on here in the future.

The problem is people start believing these clown maps that have no chance of verifying. Clown maps should be banned on here in the future.

That’s on them for taking the bait. Good luck getting one person to agree with you on banning clown maps, lol. It’s all part of the game.

I would say it’s a bust here if the ground doesn’t get a coating. After all, we are in the WWA and I’m pretty sure RAH’s bulletin last night had 1-2”, even though I thought that was a little bullish. My personal forecast was for T-1”. As of now, I’m not confident in much of anything. We shall see.

Clown maps with total disregard for actual forecast

Well to be fair, NWS has me under a winter storm warning! Wasn't just a clown map bust but also a huge forecasting bust. Ways I knew not to expect anything:

1. ULL. Eww.
2. Rain changing to snow. Eww.
3. Temp never forecast or modeled to get at or below freezing. Not even wetbulb to freezing. Intolerable.
4. Spotty, inconsistent modeled precip. No blossoming gulf moisture, comma head low. Can't happen when you're counting on rates for accumulation.
5. Spotty light radar returns last night; verified huge bust upcoming.
6. Depending on the deformation band. Signed, sealed, delivered bust.

I would say it’s a bust here if the ground doesn’t get a coating. After all, we are in the WWA and I’m pretty sure RAH’s bulletin last night had 1-2”, even though I thought that was a little bullish. My personal forecast was for T-1”. As of now, I’m not confident in much of anything. We shall see.

WRAL said a dusting to 2 inches. I think they took the easy way out and just covered their butts. It seems like no one knows what will happen when it comes to winter weather around here. It's getting just as bad with forecasting thunderstorms, too. With all the technology we have, it seems the models and accuracy with forecasting anything but sunny and dry or plain rain is getting worse instead of better.

Currently 39 and creeping up. Getting that snowy feeling!!!

WRAL said a dusting to 2 inches. I think they took the easy way out and just covered their butts. It seems like no one knows what will happen when it comes to winter weather around here. It's getting just as bad with forecasting thunderstorms, too. With all the technology we have, it seems the models and accuracy with forecasting anything but sunny and dry or plain rain is getting worse instead of better.
A dusting to 2" will likely be right on the money. That doesn't mean everyone gets 2" but it sounds like you expect to win the lottery every time you play.

Well to be fair, NWS has me under a winter storm warning! Wasn't just a clown map bust but also a huge forecasting bust. Ways I knew not to expect anything:

1. ULL. Eww.
2. Rain changing to snow. Eww.
3. Temp never forecast or modeled to get at or below freezing. Not even wetbulb to freezing. Intolerable.
4. Spotty, inconsistent modeled precip. No blossoming gulf moisture, comma head low. Can't happen when you're counting on rates for accumulation.
5. Spotty light radar returns last night; verified huge bust upcoming.
6. Depending on the deformation band. Signed, sealed, delivered bust.
Good point and it definitely wasn't referencing everyone just those that seem to meltdown the most lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back