• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And just think what a few more degrees of warming will do. Maybe the cold rains will get warmer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18651def760664cdccff7c76afccf60e.gif

This one had fail written all over it.

Still hoping for this winter, but the sustained great pattern we were supposed to have has faded away.....or will last about 4 days.

We're not in a great pattern yet. Will we get there? Who knows.

That's the problem. A lot of talk about a great pattern that's on the way and it never materializes, or if it does it still doesn't produce anything. Right now we're supposed to have a great pattern for winter storms the second half of the month. We'll see.

We should all move to a place where snow is impossible so there is never a reason to think about it. Columbia SC should work.
LOL, you’ll always be wishing for another February 2010, though. Florida is the only way. Or Puerto Rico just so flakes are literally impossible.

This one had fail written all over it.

Still hoping for this winter, but the sustained great pattern we were supposed to have has faded away.....or will last about 4 days.
Yeah, I agree. Eric has been trying to warn folks outside of the mountains about this one for several days, but some haven't wanted to listen to him.

Yeah, I agree. Eric has been trying to warn folks outside of the mountains about this one for several days, but some haven't wanted to listen to him.

Trouble is even the fantasy storms have vanished.

I'm not sure what's busted yet tbh
Let’s hope we don’t bust. But the rain this morning, although expected, is very sad!! ?

My NWS point forecast has definitely gotten worse, though!

That's the problem. A lot of talk about a great pattern that's on the way and it never materializes, or if it does it still doesn't produce anything. Right now we're supposed to have a great pattern for winter storms the second half of the month. We'll see.
Oh well it's just snow

It could be worse. I sat and watched ULL miss me to the south by ONE county. 30 miles south of me got 2 “ while I got nada.

It seems a bit early to dive off the cliff... we still aren’t supposed to be seeing the effects of the SSW for another 10 days or so, and models always have a hard time showing a pattern change. Give it a few more weeks, we’ve still managed to squeeze out a few small events from this marginal pattern. Once the real cold comes in we’ll see about having a proper winter storm somewhere.

Wasn't most of the day before the snow in March 09 all rain?
Yeah, in Greensboro it rained until a couple hours after sunset, IIRC, then changed to sleet and then over to snow shortly after that. And 6.4” later I was very happy, haha. I think it rained for a couple days leading up to that one.

Reactions: SD
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back