• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc 2020/21 Fall and Winter Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We toss the 18z GFS. It’s a global model that can’t be relied on at close range. But I wouldn’t be saying this if it dumped 12” of snow on us.

Pretty soon, we can toss all models (which will be giving us the shaft) and instead say it’s nowcasting time. ?

Just want to say.. Whamby was a great former poster on here, much maligned, but voiced his mind with a purity and sincerity not often seen on a weather forum. He was banned from Amwx 32 times, before it was made permanent and final in 2016. Then his voice was smothered by pillow murderer- moderators here at southern, and before at talkweather, the former incarnation of this fine establishment of free speech. Now he creeps around here under the radar, avoiding the limelight as best as possible. I am his spokesman, and former squash partner.. Any questions, soft or hard, can be directed at me.

Just want to say.. Whamby was a great former poster on here, much maligned, but voiced his mind with a purity and sincerity not often seen on a weather forum. He was banned from Amwx 32 times, before it was made permanent and final in 2016. Then his voice was smothered by pillow murderer- moderators here at southern, and before at talkweather, the former incarnation of this fine establishment of free speech. Now he creeps around here under the radar, avoiding the limelight as best as possible. I am his spokesman, and former squash partner.. Any questions, soft or hard, can be directed at me.
Here's a question: Why do you feel compelled to act like a jerk, when almost nobody else behaves this way, without ever noticing how strange it is?

Oh THAT'S what you meant

Here's a question: Why do you feel compelled to act like a jerk, when almost nobody else behaves this way, without ever noticing how strange it is?
I embrace the strange.. I'm cool with it. To be honest, I am angry about today's events. I'm being a jerk because my moral compass, whether you agree with it or not, compels me to be one. Don't worry. I get over it easily.

I embrace the strange.. I'm cool with it. To be honest, I am angry about today's events. I'm being a jerk because my moral compass, whether you agree with it or not, compels me to be one. Don't worry. I get over it easily.
You don't blast through the community that you're part of and sling mud all over the place just because you're mad or don't agree with this or that. Thats not strange, it's rude.

True.. but given today's events.. Rudeness is deserved if you defend that garbage. Sorry.
Well you're in a contradiction then. I don't see how you can be an advocate of peace, sensibility, and decency by affecting an insulting and brazenly confrontational demeanor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back